• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noisy Transitions

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a new bug with the 7.2 update, such that audio transitions applied to the beginning of a clip will produce a very loud buzz, but only when you play from before the start of that clip.  If you start playback at the beginning of that clip, it seems to work fine.  It also does not seem to affect audio transitions between clips, or at the end of clips.

I'm seeing this using AVCHD media on Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

7.2.1 update is now live. This update addresses the Intermittent Buzzing could occur on audio playback where audio transitions were present as well as other bugs. See more detailts here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5945314#5945314

Best,

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 122 Replies 122
People's Champ ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, Jim is a moderator, yes, but just a user. He is a volunteer, not an employee. So he can't provide an ETA for a fix.

To roll back, check out this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1358811?tstart=0

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue for me is contained to AME. Direct Export from Premiere CC seems to work. However, this isn't freeware. Things should work. If they don't, call it beta and don't charge people for it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a staff of editors who can carry on production work while I babysit the software company. Has anyone gotten through to Adobe via phone to get an update on this situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its now TWO AND A HALF MONTHS later and it's still wreaking havoc in prodution houses, including ours.

There has been a fix out for a long while now.  The 7.2.1 update corrects this issue.

7.2.1 introduced it's own new issue, but that too has been resolved.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5998928

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the *new *issue has not been resolved. It's just a workaround that

causes AME to work at a fraction of the speed when exporting now. Yes the

audio is now fixed by using this WORKAROUND but this program still doesn't

work as Adobe advertises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't noticed any slow downs with the box unchecked.  Running tests now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, first round of testing did show a slight increase in export times with the box unchecked, about 10% longer.  So while it is technically exporting at a fraction of the speed, 9/10's is a fraction I can live with until the issue is resolved in AME as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense, but wouldn't it just be easier to keyframe tranisitions at the heads of clips rather than downgrading the software?

This is what I'm sayin'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - please undertsand that this is far more than an "inconveniecne"? When working to tight high stakes deadliens, things like not being able to play back audio will KILL your project. We have deafening buzz sounds every 7 seconds or so in our project, on a brand new mac. Whats galling is that there seems to be no way to roll back to a previous version without this bug, or install an older version of the softrware on new machienes (we have found ourselves here having upgraded the macs). So how are we to continue cutting our fetaure (which we're screening in 2 days) using Adobe software? Or have I missed something? We are actually paying for what claims to be a professional solution here - we're not here to test out your buggy software. Sorry but this is really frustrating and not the first MAJOR problem we have experienced with the creative cloud concept. Can you at least tell us when you're going to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there seems to be no way to roll back to a previous version without this bug, or install an older version of the softrware on new machienes

Here you can download the trial they are all the first build (7.0)

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-direct-download-links.html

Updates can be found here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Windows

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Macintosh

I rolled back for Premiere (Windows) a couple of days ago and no registration issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a fantastic help Ann, thanks.

So to keep editing without the audio glitch would we roll back to 7.1 - or 7.0? This worked for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This audio transition bug is not a big deal for me (I am not in the business, no deadline)

I went back to 7.01 as I  encountered the BD export bug in 7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs ro be rectified, ASAP. Those of us who rely on Adobe product to make a living don't want to be apologising to our clients because of an embarrassing glitch in your software. I really hope an update rolls out within days to address this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quoting Al Mooney: fix in 7-10 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how are we to continue cutting our fetaure

As stated before, create a preset using volume keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but surely you're joking?

Our film consists of 5 project files, an average of 9+ audio tracks in use simultaniously, transitions roughly every 5 seconds or more - so Adobe's fix is for us to replace 337,500 transitions with keyframes?

I do hope the 7-10 day estimate is also a joke - seriously could not believe that Adobe would leave it that long while production companies around the world have to what - shut down? change platforms? explain to clients / directors that it's somone elses fault that contractual deadlines will not be met? How is this "professional" software by any streatch of the imagination? Frankly, the lack of urgent attention to this by Adobe shows utter contempt for their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roll back to 7.1 is what I suggest.

Some one posted a link for it in the Forum and did so succesfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jep.... please FIX this audio problem...

my clients are waiting.. and i cant keyframe every single audio transition..

its a professional product.. and i want professional support.

and it was NOT a "beta" update...

pls adobe FIX it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I checked these forums for info about the 7.2 update before going ahead with it!  I'll be waiting until this problem gets fixed before updating.  Although one would hope that such caution wouldn't be necessary, reality unfortunately proves otherwise, with features being broken or lost with every update.  Two steps forward, one step back.    It seems like half of the Feature Requests I send are for Adobe to undo new 'features' they introduce that actually make things worse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's fix is for us to replace 337,500 transitions with keyframes?

Again, the error only seems to apply to transitions at the start of a clip.  Transitions between and at the end of clips are not affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back to 7.1. Thanks Ann for the links. Just uninstall 7.2 and reinstall 7.01. Update until your satisfied.

Wish I would of got this on friday. Had to manually keyframe hundreds of transitions. At least the client got it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its so easy to add cross fades now though with CC, select a million clips and bam CMD+Y.! That noise also scared the crap outta me, jumped right out of my chair.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transitions between clips are fine.  It's only at the head of clip there is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is fixed in the CC7.2.1 patch released today, 12/19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. It's fixed for me at least.

---

CC 721

Mac 10.7.5

MacPro 2x2.4GHz Quad Xeon

14GB 1066 DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines