• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to batch re-link video files after converting team project to regular project

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have recently converted some team projects to regular premiere projects and am finding that once that is done the file path is missing and batch re-linking is not possible. The only way I am able to re-link seems to be clip-by-clip (I named the bins in the project by camera so I am still able to easily find my clips despite the file path being missing - however since batch re-link is disabled it is proving to be way too time consuming to re-link clip by clip).

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?! Thanks in advance!!!

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.34.14 PM.png

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agness,

Sorry for the frustration.

I have recently converted some team projects to regular premiere projects and am finding that once that is done the file path is missing and batch re-linking is not possible.

The clips might be missing metadata. Which camera did they come from? Did the media come from a CF card? Did you transfer the entire contents of the CF card to the computer's media drive? Did you import via the Media Browser?

Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

It's not an issue with a particular camera - I'm using various cameras (A7sii, C100, etc) - it's happening to any and all capture files and assets once the converted project (from team project to regular premiere project) and associated assets are moved to a different drive.

So for example, I convert from a team project to a regular premiere project and everything relinks so long as I keep my footage and assets in the same place. However, If I try to move this content to a different drive either for archiving purposes or to share with another editor, the file paths are lost (even though I have not changed the file structure of the folders).

To clarify, *a* file path still shows up (but it manufactures a bunch of extra characters in the front of the file path name which is stopping it from finding the path to the clip  - for instance if "Display Only Exact Name Matches" is checked, no clips come up even though they typically would in a non-converted premiere project). Please see screenshot below.

Again, the main issue is not being able to batch relink because it's unable to auto-locate the media.

To answer your other questions: yes, everything came from CF cards, and yes the entire contents of the CF card was transferred to the drive, and yes I do import via media browser.

Thanks for any help you're able to offer!

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 1.35.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try this :

-backup your prproj file or duplicate it

-unzip your prproj file

-open the extracted file with Notepad++

-search for <RelativePath> and <FilePath>

-change directly there to the adequate path

-make a "search and replace" (all)

-save

-recompress to gzip format

-open in PP

Hope that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my take:

The problem only occurs if you convert a Team Project to a regular project, and then move the footage.

You're moving the footage for archiving, in which case you no longer need to edit, so this doesn't matter.

You're moving the footage to share with others, in which case you shouldn't convert it from a Team Project, and this won't happen.

So the 'solutions' would be:

1. Don't move the footage until you're done.

2. Keep it a Team Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check clip ID in link Media panel and check if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just coming back on this thread in case it might help anyone.  I had the same problem this week on Premiere 24.  I had copied the files from one project at the office on to a HDD for remote working and in that process the file paths changed to the media.  Not an issue in most cases as we know.  But when opening the project I was asked to relink and faced the one by one file relinking issue.  I fiddled around with varios different check boxes ticked on the relink and then suddenly all relinked in one click when I selected the check boxes in the screen shot attached.  Hope it might help someone down the line 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines