• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to duplicate DVD

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made DVD's using Premiere Pro CS6, Encode CS6, and duplicated them using a duplicator for a few years now.  Recently I have not been able to duplicate my DVD's on the duplicator.  The DVD plays fine on both Mac (Sierra) and Windows 10, however I am not able to make any copies using the duplicator.  Recently each DVD I make starts to copy in the duplicator and as it reaches the end (around 85% or 90% complete) then it suddenly says "Bad Master" and terminates the process.  I am at a loss to what is going on I have tried different DVD's and no luck.  My setup has worked with no problems for a number of years until now.  Anyone got an idea to what my problem could be?

[Moderator note: moved to appropriate forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can use Imgburn to create an ISO and then write that ISO to a blank disc

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons... Set Imgburn to use the slowest burn speed your drive and media will use... I set my burn speed to 1x and let Imgburn adjust to the actual minimum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a dual layer disk?

Can you copy it on the computer? Can you make a new disk from EN?

Are you certain there is nothing you have done differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DVD's are all single layer.  I have not tried to copy the DVD to the computer, however it plays with no problem on the computers.  I am certain nothing has changed in our production.  My next move will be to upgrade our system from CS6 to Creative Cloud and use the suite to make the DVD's.  I am hoping we don't run into any duplication problems with the masters created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud does NOT have a program to create a DVD... you still have to use Encore CS6

Unless you need new features in the latest Premiere Pro, you should find out why your duplicator is no longer working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to John's comment, if the problem is with Encore, and it appears to be, it is likely you would have the same problem with a CC subscription. The main qualifier, is that a reinstall may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second the motion to try creating an .iso from Encore then burn that with third-party. If that doesn't work, consider that maybe something is wrong with your DVD burner? A replacement is cheap. Or have you perhaps changed to a different blank media that maybe the duplication machine doesn't like? Even if you are still using the same media brand, the supplier can change sources and still slap the same labeling/branding on what is essentially a different disc. Or maybe the duplicator is having problems - does it work if you try using an OLDER master that was known to work before? See if there is a FIRMWARE UPDATE for the duplicator machine.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines