• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL Error Code 7

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a EVGA GTX 470 so I could use the GPU Acceleration in Adobe. Soon after starting to edit some video, I get this error:

Your hardware configuration does not meet minimum specifications needed to run the application. The application must close. Please visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for help. Error code: 7

Premiere then freezes and I have to end the task.

When I set the render settings to Software Only, I have no issues.

I have googeled the error and have found no solution, but others are having similar problems.

All my drivers are up to date as of right now.

My hardware consists of:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz

6GB DDR2 RAM

EVGA GTX 470

600 Watt Power Supply

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem.  Whenever I add a picture to the timeling

or work on resizing it in the

timeling it says the the exact same thing you have.  I have to shutdown premiere pro via control panel.  What the heck!

I hope Nvidia comes up with a new driver to fix this or adobe adresses this as and update.  I'm getting frustrated with my projects..

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to Ver. 259.81 drivers and it seems to have taken care of the problem.  I'm working on a project now that has over a hundred and fifty 12 megapixel stills in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2011 Sep 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the exact same error.

on CS5.5 with a nVIdia GTX 285 and driver version 280.26.

The project is all stills and they are large and they are all scaled to frame with dissolves in between (yes a simple slideshow.)

Program crashed as I was scrolling through the timeline - happened multiple times at different points.  I'd get to a frame that wouldn't resolve and then a crash.

I turned off MPE and I can work with the project and am rendering out the final now - but wow is it slow without MPE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm happy to have found this thread, and the work around - turn off my expensive GPU (GTX 570 in my case), but this doen't come near fixing this.

Has anyone, even Adobe or Nvidia found a solution to this. I'm one of those guys who switched from Mac & FCP7 to PC and Premiere 5.5. I did it for the real time, which I do love. However, in the last few weeks, I've reinstalled the system 4 times, removed and reinstalled CS5.5 5 times, spent a morning on on line chat with nvidia (who suggested the latest beta drivers. which did nothing, I'm running 280.xx.

Is there a final fix? Anyone?

DBK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the 10/24/11 driver update and got the same error.  Never had a problem until the 24th.  Had to pull the card and put in an old GTS 8800 as I had a project due with a deadline.  Adobe, Nvidia.... either of you have an answer or fix?  Everythingn my PC is up to date.  This is VERY frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started to get this problem when I updated the Nvidia driver to 280, from 266.  But I was getting it with 100 Mb/s 1920x1080i.avi files captured via a Matrox MXO2.  There were no still images on the timeline.  It occurred only when I had several effects applied, e.g. colour correction, Mercalli stabilisation, scaling, unsharp mask.

My system is three years old, with a quad core 3GHz CPU, 8GB of RAM and a 1 GB GTX460 card, using 5 HDDs  - System, Project, Capture, Render files, Cache

With HDV files there are no problems at all.

Reverting to 266 largely removed the problem.  It still occurs very occasionally, and the system is somewhat unstable, with the very high data rate .avis.

My guess is that the system is over-stressed, probably more RAM, plus a Graphics card with more RAM would improve matters, but really my system is too slow overall for these large high data-rate files.

Roll on Sandy Bridge-E, or should I wait for Ivybridge????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some news to report.

First my system

AMD Phenom III - 1090

16GB of RAM

Nvidia GTX570 - 1.28gb (drivers are the most recent, October 24 drivers)

MPE is turned ON

I read this thread, and a ton of others, and tried changing all my still images. I resized them to 72dpi and always under the 1920X1080.

I opened a new project, and rebuilt a short 10 second project that always causes the crash. This included changing the size of each jpeg, and the position of each jpeg. All the things that usually cause an Open GL 7 crash.

I worked the project for 30 minutes, no crash.

The key here is the size of the images, using the latest driver. Make sure they are under 1920X1080 for size, and at 72 DPI.

I hope this helps. Please try it and let me know what you think.

Cheers

DBK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My system is: Intel Core i5-2300, 2,80Ghz, 8GB, GeForce GTX 470, win7pro-64bit, PrePro5.5.

I had the same problem but solved immediately installing version (roll back) 8.17.12.7533.

Thank you for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this problem, but I have significantly changed my computer.

1. I upgraded my MB to the latest and greatest AMD 990x chipset

2. I upgraded my system drive from a 5400 to a 7200

3. Did a complete new windows install, and CS5.5.2 install.

4. All the latest drivers.

Things are rock solid now for about a week. I've been cutting everyday for 8 hours or so.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darren,

Have you been editing with any high resolution images? if so, how big are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The news is very bad my Friends,

After roll back the program worked for a few hours, and last night gave me back the open GL error 7.

I work on a documentary with more than 2,000 takes and over 500 images, with the greatest more of 7000X12000, 96dpi.

The technician 10 min ago (it's morning in Greece) told me that we should put the Quadro 600 to solve problems.

What do you think? It's a good idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Adobe/NVidia come up with a fix for this yet? Just build out a new system with a Quadro4000 and getting the same error just cutting some DVCPRO HD footage.  Long clips, but nothing exotic editing wise.  First project on the machine is making me nervous.  Deadline today.  Having to reboot every 1/2 hr is going to be an issue!  Help!

i7 950

Quadro 4000

24g ram

mxo2 mini

graid 4T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

win7 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same frustrating problem:

CS5.5 Production Premium

X6 1100T - 6 CORES

Just upgraded to 16gb memory from 8gb

GTX 560 Ti 1056mb

SSD boot disk

2tb 7200rpm Scratch disks

Stock- no OC.

-Had tried selecting my graphics card GTX 560 ti instead of the 'auto select' option in Nvidia control panel, but still crashing.

I believe my system has sufficient muscle to handle a simple AE import of a Photoshop 3 liner text into premiere pro, and there should be no reason for the above extremely frustrating error message on my hardware being insufficient to handle the load...

Would appreciate any advice on how to remove this irritating message and constant hanging. Extremely frustrating to pay thousands to go through this pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use GPU acceleration in Premiere Pro 5.5.2.0 with a GeForce GTX 550 Ti and was experiencing the dreaded OpenGL Error Code 7 with the latest NVidia drivers, v285.62, when importing large stills (4000 x 3000 px) into the preview monitor or timeline. As everyone has said it's very repeatable and can be worked around by resizing the images in an external application prior to import.

However, I managed to permanently fix the problem by rolling back to NVidia drivers from March this year, v267.59.  Any chance of a fix with the latest drivers please, especially since this issue seems to be so easily reproducable.

If it helps anyone, you can download old drivers by browsing to "Beta and Older Drivers" on the NVidia download page.

Thanks,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the Mercury Playback Engine and setting it down to "Software only" will indeed fix the issue. The problem, obviously, is that this lessens performance drastically, especially when dealing with HD, and complex codecs that the GPU really excelled at. It is hard to place the blame on this one, for it appears that the GPU is getting overloaded, probably with multiple layers of large format images, and then locking up. But, on the other hand, perhaps PPro should be monitoring GPU load and adjusting accordingly. So, nVidia or Adobe--who's to blame? Probably both.

To get around this, in your PPro project, go to Project menu--->Project Settings---->General. Then, at the top drop down box change it from "Mercury Playback Engine GPU" to the option below it "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" or something similar to that.

Also, if you right-click on your Program Monitor display, go to Playback Resolution and drop it down to 1/2 or 1/4 if your editing performance is severely sluggish, it will help--though you will lose visual quality (not real quality).

Adobe and nVidia--please go to lunch (I will pay for it!) and settle this problem. Standing offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any new news on this bug? I am having the same problem with jpg's from my D7000 and any motion or scaling in the timeline. I have Nvidia 440 GT with 285.62 and PP CS5.5. Has anyone tried the beta Nvidia drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem when I switched to nvidia quadro 600.

Now is slower but the system does not stop as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The nvidia quadro 600 does not seem like an upgrade for a GTX 470.

Glad it is working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not. It's a cheap solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried the beta nvidia drivers? I have found that resizing my stills to 3008x2000 seems to prevent the crash using the hardware MPE. Tried using psd, targa and jpg all crash at 4000px or greater with hardware MPE, so format is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had pretty much the same experience. I've assumed it was the limits of the GTX 480s cards memory.

If I have to edit huge images I'll do it in software mode, as we don't have $$$ for a super Nvidia card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this issue has been addressed at all in CS6? I appreciate it may be a combination of NVIDIA drivers and PP, but any insight in this matter would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about CS6, but I am certainly having OpenGL errors on my rig with CS5.5 since updating CPU to i7-3930K and the motherboard to an ASUS P9X79. Predictably perhaps, PPro freezes when appllying Collorista II or MB Looks. The only way around this is to disable GPU rendering via the MB Looks standalone app and via 'Options' in the Collorista II tab in PPro. Extremely annoying. Sorry if I'm covering old ground, but this was working fine with my mobo/GPU/driver combo before changing boards. This isn't the large stills issue but just straight 1080p Canon 5DMKII video.

Also noticing the loss of my second monitor all of a sudden which is sporadic - investigating that now. The system completely freezes too, so no option for task manager here, just a hard reset. Not fun at all.

Red Giant have offered me nothing but the rather lame "update your graphics driver" excuse. I've run through just about every Nvidia driver since the 260 series and still no dice. Even tried the latest beta driver 301.24. No good either.

I have also encountered an issue with the Windows "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" service that caused Premiere to freeze on project loading. Once I disabled this service Premiere works fine, except of course when I try to use Collorista II or Looks with GPU enabled. Crashes out Photoshop too BTW.

I'm on ASUS p9X79, i7-3930K, 16GB RAM, GTX480 (Hack applied), PPro 5.0.2, NVIDIA 296.10. Not sure but this may help someone or myself. RED GIANT have just gone very quite on the support line...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you update to 5.0.3 at least?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines