• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL Error Code 7

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a EVGA GTX 470 so I could use the GPU Acceleration in Adobe. Soon after starting to edit some video, I get this error:

Your hardware configuration does not meet minimum specifications needed to run the application. The application must close. Please visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for help. Error code: 7

Premiere then freezes and I have to end the task.

When I set the render settings to Software Only, I have no issues.

I have googeled the error and have found no solution, but others are having similar problems.

All my drivers are up to date as of right now.

My hardware consists of:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz

6GB DDR2 RAM

EVGA GTX 470

600 Watt Power Supply

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad Bill. It was a typo. Sorry, I meant to write 5.5.2.0, which is what I am running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved!

- Uninstall/Reinstall CS5.5.2.0

- Uninstall/Reinstall MB Suite (including deleting registry keys and running CCleaner)

- Bought a GTX580 just to make sure

- Run Driver Sweeper; reinstall Nvidia's latest

Bingo. All fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...just dowloaded the trial of CS6 and played around for a bit. Managed to get an Error Code 6 ("Your hardware configuration does not meet minimum specs") within half an hour. To be honest, I was stress testing it a bit by using a few large JPG images, accelerated effects etc, but still disappointing that it leads to a hard crash. Checked that I have the latest NVIDIA drivers etc.

I was really hoping that CS6 would have at least semi-fixed the issue (by not letting it crash at least), but so far...

I guess I will have to resort to re-sizing pictures etc. Still for things like a Ken Burns type effect it's much more preferred to start with a large image.

(GeForce GTX 460 SE via the CUDA "hack", 1GB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I was really hoping that CS6 would have at least semi-fixed the issue (by not letting it crash at least), but so far...

> ...

> GeForce GTX 460 SE via the CUDA "hack"...

Do you have this problem when you are not using an unsupported hardware configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd - to be honest, I don't know b/c I don't own a supported one. I would be more than willing to buy a GeForce GTX 470 or other supported card if I would know this would fix the issue. Right now though, it seems that it's not just unsupported cards that suffer from this issue (judging from the replies in this thread)?

Other than this btw, I love the changes in CS6....and compared to CS5.5 the performance really improved too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 3dmus

Installing a GTX 470 will not fix the problem.

I am using Premiere Pro CS6  v6.01 with a Geforce GTX 470 with driver v 280.26 but have also tried other driver versions. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1

I can easily reporduce the problem discussed here. If I drop two or three still image clips on the timeline, resize and move, 'Ken Burns' style and maybe add a dissolve, then scrub the timeline and PPro will crash. The problem only occurs with larger clips say 4500 x 3000 or larger but this is typically what you need for Ken Burns style effects. Certainly turning off the Mercury Playback Engine and using software only cures the crashes but obviously we lose all the other advantages. I upgraded to CS6 hoping this issue would be fixed but it is exactly the same as in CS5 (and it seems CS5.5) It is surely a basic need for PPro to be able to handle this.The maximum still image pixel dimensions that P PRo is supposed to handle is way more than this. As another user said it wouldn't be so bad if P Pro just stopped or missed playback frames but it totally crashes with no chance to save your work. Could I please request that someone at Adobe looks seriously at this issue which was first reported over a year ago and has run through three versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure do not recognize the problem but I am guessing that you need much more Video RAM than a GTX 470 for such larger images.  Take a look at how much Video RAM you are using with GPU-Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem with Premiere-pro CS5.5 on and off, now I probably can say that the ON times were when I was not using large photo files, the on (like the last couple of days) was, of course the opposite.  My question to the forum is how much video RAM is necessary NOT to have this problem.  My computer specs are as follow:

Windows 7 Professional 64bit (Genuine Version)

Intel Core i7-980 Gulftown 3.33GHz Six Core CPU (HEXA CORE)

24GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM Memory

1. 1.5TB SATA 6GB/s Hard Drive 7200RPM

12X BluRay/DVD Burner Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX570 1280MB DDR5 

Driver: 285.62

Hard to believe that this is still not enough! 

Is this a PPpro or a nVidea problem?

I reduced the size of the pictures I am using and will try again to finish the wedding video... will report back

Thanks to all

Bandl44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason not to use an up-to-date driver, like 301.42?

You mention only a single disk, and the practical minimum is three 7200 RPM disks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... yes!  It seems that everytime I try to update the nvidia driver it completely scrambles all my desktop Icons.  Its frustrating!  But the other reason is that everytime that I have updated the driver, the problem persists, so is there a good reason to do it? For me it does not seem to be the case.  Is there a way to "tell" the nvidia installation program to keep my desktop configuration? (I have contacted nVidia) I do run two monitors, this might throw the installation software off....maybe.

On the bright side, I worked on the video that was giving me problems before and, after reducing the size of the large pictures, things are running smoothly... we'll see.

In regard to the disk, I do have two additional 1TB 7200RPM hard drives in a RAID 0 array.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that everytime I try to update the nvidia driver it completely scrambles all my desktop Icons.

Simply refresh your icon cache in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is willing to share a test project & media illustrating this problem please send me a PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I am just an average joe of computers so all this talk about CS5 and nvidia drivers is all gibberish to me.

I play minecraft on and off but when I do play it is totally on! I game so hard when I am into a game.

but ever since I got my Dell Inspiron 17 i believe it is with 6gb of ram I have had troubles with minecraft and skype they both have the long stills where audio and visuals freeze.

It is actually so bad that I can't even have a conversation with my friends on skype, and on player versus player servers on minecraft I will be chasing after someone ready to kill them, and then as I'm running I have one of these stills and next thing I know I'm dead.

I got this error code while playing single player and I didnt have any lag prior I was simply playing the game it was meant to be I wasn't spamming my world with mobs just walking around!

I also play a less famous game known as command and conquer generals zero hour, this game crashes at random intervals for me saying some thing along the lines of: "You have encountered a serious error! Serious errors can be caused by software malfunction system over heating and the minimal requirements of the game not being met.

I underlined that last bit becasue I believe that maybe these two crash messages are related

Here is all the info on my computer that may deem useful:

Computer: Dell Inspiron 17

Screen size: 17"

Ram: 6GB

Processor: Intel core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz

And I will Attach a screen shot of my Display Information.

Seems like everyone is having problems with pictures/videos But Mine are normally with applictions, (Skype Command and Conquer and minecraft are the apps I have problems with)

This has become a large problem for me so a response or two would be nice!

P.S. Remember I am just an average joe in the world of computers, so english please!

Display Info..PNG

Message was edited by: Austin1234567 Just to add that picture there 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you have stumbled into a video editing forum right? We don't play games here, well most of us don't subject our computers to that sort of thing, it can change things too much.

In as simple a computer language as I can, I would recommend the following:

1. Go the the nvidia site and download the latest drivers. Do a clean instal of them (You click the options button in the instal program)

2. Then go to Microsoft update under the start menu and do an update to your computer.

That will atleast bring you up to date.

Lastly, I am sure there must be a forum for Minecraft or what ever game you are having trouble with. If what I have suggested doesn't fix your problem, someone there will have a fix. You can also check the game developers web site for known issues and perhaps they can fix it for you.

Hope this helps.

Darren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it sort of does and sort of doesnt actually I was directed here by nvidia forums, it shouldn't matter that this is a video editing forum because I believe my problem is indeed driver or video card related, which sounds like the problems that some of the other people on here are experiencing, especially the one guy that was trying to edit his wedding video.

Thanks anyways though I am just going to go to as many customer support sites as possible as long as they have relation with my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a criticism.

It's just that the issue most of us had was about using graphics that would trigger this error. Still images. It wasn't the program, or the OS. It was related to the drivers on the graphics card and the program, but more to the point, it didn't happen with any other programs we use.

Gamming does things to your computer that other software doesn't. It is programmed to move resources and devices, sometimes install it's own version of certain drivers - temporarily sometimes. It's not very kind to your computer's operating  environment.

You could backup your files, and then reinstall windows, do all the updates, update the video card drivers, then download and install the latest version of your game.

I once again suggest you focus on searching forums for the game you are playing if updating your video card driver doesn't work.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines