Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optical flow export glitch

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Been having trouble exporting footage that has been slowed down with the optical flow. All of the footage renders out with the lines seen in the framegrab. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 12.32.19 PM.png

The problem occurs anytime I try and export from my machine but is never a problem when using my editing partners Macbook pro m1 Max

(the reason its only half the screen is because it is a comp with only the one half being slowed down) 

The camera is RED 6k, editing proxies and exporting h264 and Prores from linked to original R3D files. All footage has a series of LUTS/ effects on them, 

Have tried various export settings including using renders, max quality, and changing the motion to optical flow. Any ideas what's going on here?  

Encoding settings:

Performance: Hardware

HDR: 203

Computer specs:

MacBook pro 15 2018

2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey fidelrrh,

Sorry about the issue. Which version of Premiere Pro are you currently using? Do you only see this issue on the exported video? Could you try setting the Performance field to Software Encoding in the export settings and let us know if that makes any difference?

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Premiere Pro 2022 V22.5 

Havent tried software encoding but will try tonight on that frame. Problem also occurs if I render the selection and don;t play proxies. So problem exists in the timeline as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Tried exporting with Software Encoding and the problem is still there. also tried changing sequence settings to 2.0 Anamorphic to match the footage and still occurs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you go to Premiere Pro > Preferences > Media, disable H264/HEVC hardware accelerated encoding and decoding, and restart the app? Also, could you check if you have any OS updates available? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled and restarted and rendered out again. The problem still persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions? I'm having the same issue on anything with optical flow but also other graphics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No nothing, unfortunately. I ended up reaching out to adobe help chat who just gave me a few free months of creative cloud to make up for the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines