• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overriding color space option not available - Overexposed clips

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on chat support and screenshare for 2 hours to no avail. So I hoped the people might be able to help.

I'm trying to create a project with media from multiple sources (phone, camera, drone, photos).

This has NEVER been an issue in the past but I'm assuming a new update has brought it in (WHICH IS SO ANNOYING)

When importing them to the project they are still fine. I can watch them and the exposure is correct. However, when I bring it into a sequence, that's where it all goes wrong.

From my understanding, if the color space of the sequence 'matches' the color space of the clip, they are fine. But clips with different color spaces they look wrong. So in my sequence, the clips from my drone, camera, go pro, are all fine with the sequence's working color space being at Rec. 709

But as you can see, not the clips from my phone who's properties for color space are Rec. 2100 HLG

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 10.41.25 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 10.38.39 am.png

Okay, so I've read the workaround is to OVERRIDE the color space by going to the source clip. Modify > Interpret Footage > and under color management there should be some options there. Mine does not.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 10.41.45 am.png

WHY did adobe do this in an update where it simply doesn't happen automatically. Where we have to override each 'different' clip. but also WHY dont I have this setting?? 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Pr are you using? Current build is 22.1.1.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the current version. currently now on v 22.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a couple more options on that screen down below the Input LUT slot. Is that scrollable to get to the bottom?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there isn't. 
It's so weird. This is why I ended up spending two hours on support chats the other day 😭 

for now I've gone back to using the 2021 version but it means I have to restart a few of my projects. 
but it's frustrating since I'm paying for this program and I can't even use the updated version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.

Out of curiosity, trying to get some data points here ... what's your total hardware? OS/CPU/GPU, the screens and screen resolutions?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16" MBP
Just using the built in retina display. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the pixel count on that screen? Should be enough ... but checking.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3072 x 1920 Pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that shouldn't be happening ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your macOS had not been updated, current Big Sur version is 11.6.2. Apple changes may things including the way the GPU is approached. If you are using 22.1.2 please update to 11.6.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply. I've just managed to update to 11.6.2 but I still cannot see that option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions on this? I experience just the same thing where the override option under color managment is not available (visible). I'm on the 22.4 version of Premiere on a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019),  AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, Monterey 12.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I had the same problem.In fact your window is not fully opened. Move your cursor on the lower border of the window. The arrow will transform in a little arrow. Click and enlarge yoir window. You will see the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. That was dumb! Fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely insulting from Adobe.  It only happens on Mac's (I've just wasted one hour trying to understand, because in Windows there is not such a problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other unforgivable thing is there is no way to do it to all the material as a batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are referring to setting the color management options of the Modify/Interpret Footage panel, you are wrong.

• Select as many clips in a bin in the Project panel as you want.
  • Right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage.
  • Set any CM control as you wish, including the Override-to option.

And that will be applied to all selected clips.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines