• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Alt+ Scroll zoom behaves different on v24.4.0

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to latest version 24.4.0 and the Alt+ scroll zoom behaves different. It zooms to a totally different timeline area than the usual mouse pointer/playhead. Any workarounds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Sorry for this issue. As Stan mentioned, this sounds like the issue mentioned in the thread he linked. Alt + mouse wheel scroll should once again zoom based on cursor location with 24.6 beta build 020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Hello @Jeremy22269921hcpn & others on the thread,

This bug is marked as fixed in Premiere Pro 24.6. Please let the team know if you still see the issue in a new project. If necessary, I will move your thread to the "Discussions" forum for further troubleshooting. Glad the team was able to address this issue. Take care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change it in the file project, check it in Google. It's easy!

Guys please I need to desactivate zoom monitor with wheel mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to deactivate zoom monitor with wheel mouse so badly as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to 24.3 while we wait for the update could also be solution for now. The are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's making me go nuts.

The Alt + scroll in-out to zoom in the timeline is cant be centered anymore. It follows the mouse on the right or on the left. There is not scrolling towards where the play marker is (or the center if your mouse is there).

It's awful, how can I change that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALT + Scroll to zoom into the timeline is broken in 24.4.0 for Windows users with Windows DPI Scaling set higher than 100%.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Be on a Windows machine with DPI Scaling enabled. (Mine is set to 200%)
  2. Have a timeline with content, and use ALT + scroll wheel to zoom in. The longer your timeline is and the further to the right your cursor is, the more noticeable the problem gets.

It's supposed to zoom into where my cursor is placed, but it zooms into the wrong spot. This was not an issue in the previous version. Setting the DPI scaling inside of windows to 100% seems to fix the problem.

This issue was posed as a discussion, not a bug, and other users are able to reproduce:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/alt-scroll-zoom-behaves-different-on-v24-4-0...

Relevant Hardware:
Windows 11 (up-to-date)
Monitor resolution: 3840x2160
DPI Scaling: 200%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue here. On a Windows 11 machine with a 3840x2160 resolution monitor. ALT + Scroll behavior is incorrect when monitor scaling is set to my default 150%. When the scaling is set to 100% the behavior acts correctly. This issue began with the recent 24.4.0 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the detailed information. This has been reproduced inhouse and is being investigated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This still seems to be a problem in 24.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 24.4.1 version of Premiere Pro the Alt+scroll funtionality in timeline does not work correctly. Instead of zooming in/out on the timeline at the point where the cursor is located, the timeline instead zooms towards the center of the timeline.

Steps:

1. Open a project

2. Hover over the timeline with the mouse cursor

3. Hold down Alt and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in or out

What should have happened: The timeline should be zoomed towards the point where the cursor is located.

What actually happens: The timeline zooms towards the center of the timeline, no matter where the cursor is located.

This affects my workflow greatly, because making fine adjustments to the clips on the timeline is now an absolute nightmare (I am not exaggerating), so I'd appreciate a quick fix.

My system is Windows 10, and I'm using Logitech MX Master 3 mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon a bit more testing I noticed it doesn't actually scroll towards the center of the timeline, but rather the reference point for zooming is offset to the left of the cursor by a considerable amount. In any case, this is still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a quick video showing the problem. Notice where the timeline zooms in/out to when I scroll the wheel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6AUFLCMNQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel25217174hwde,

See this bug report on 24.4 and Beta:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/alt-scroll-zoom-behaves-different-on-v24-4-0/idi-p/...

My conclusions so far are that there is a bug, it is not related to Windows scaling, and, as you describe, instead of zooming around the mouse cursor position, it zooms around some point TO THE LEFT of the cursor. But it is not simply zooming around the mouse cursor position, nor the CTI. How far to the left depends on the amount of zoom from your starting position.

Edited to flag: @Trent Happel 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the report. This issue is still under investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies. I can confirm that it behaves the same on every scaling setting. And yes, the point of zoom seems to be roughly 33% off from the cursor's position, in relation to the leftmost edge of the timeline panel. The closer left you place the cursor the more accurate the zoom is, and the further right you go the more out of synch it becomes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't an issue until the latest update. I recently updated to Version 24.4.1 (Build 2).

I've seen other people have this same issue but the posts are old and the solutions are irrelevant.

Zooming in with Alt + Scroll now just zooms in to a random location on my timeline. It doesnt follow my mouse and it doesn't follow the playhead. I don't see an option in preferences to make a change. This will happen while the timeline is playing [using No Scroll in Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling (which I prefer and do not want to change)], and also while it is not playing. The mouse seems to have influence over where it zooms, but it is not accurate. I could keep my mouse pointer on a specific spot and it will not zoom right into that spot. Definitely slowing down my work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also seen people say that it has to do with their monitor scaling. My monitor is set to reccomended settings and those settings match the resolution of the monitor. Here is a video to illustrate the issue. You can see I hover over the playhead, I use Alt + Scroll and it should zoom in on the mouse but instead it favors the left side and doesnt actually zoom in on the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't favor the left side, it's whatever side of the time indicator that your mouse is on. Since you are zooming out the time indicator would normally go to the right, and thus you are then on the left side of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on how to get it to straight to the cursor like it used to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen one yet. I mostly zoom in with shortcut keyes and they keep the time indicator in the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Know issue: team is working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the wait, but we believe this issue should now be addressed in 24.6 beta build 020. Alt + mouse wheel scroll should zoom based on cursor location. Appreciate all the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a big deal. Using 24.4.1 (build2) on windows 10, 4k monitor, 175% scale. The zoom works fine for keyboard shorcuts "-" and "+", but Alt+MMB Scrollwheel gives VERY janky effects, even if your mouse cursor is well to the right of the playhead. I would expect this behaviour in Alpha or MAYBE beta software but NOT an official release. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can change it currently but keyboard "-" and "+" seem to work for me, zooming in and out of playhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jeremy22269921hcpn,

The product team has announced that the bug is under investigation so I have updated the status of the bug report.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all these new immersive features yet the simplest task like timeline zooming with mouse scroll wheel doesn't zoom from pointer center anymore, super strange.

Mod note: Branched from the new features announcement article to its own topic. The title was changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines