• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the goal post to defend Adobe I see. Okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving what goalpost?

The audio crossfades as a built-in thing is new. Wasn't there before, was my point. I don't see how that's "moving the goal post to defend Adobe" ... and please, people who waste emotions on Corporations are to me ... well, nuts.

The crossfades are a new thing, and  LOVED by many. But they also have an issue for many users that it makes for a smaller 'landing point' for doing other trimming work.

Like so many things, there is a strong plus for some, a major irritant for others. Personally, I love that we have them, but they are making it a bit slower to do other trimming for me. Mixed blessing at best.

Leave your emotions at the door. Use what works. Save the emotions for people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jean-Freancoi2740338808rs unless there has been a fix, also at issue here is that the "Classic" preset doesn't look or act anything like the previous colors. There have been lots of people menting this preset as a solution. It currently is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add my complaint. The colour scheme is atrocious. Classic or not. I only managed about 10 mins and had to revert. Asking us to manually adjust all the colours is ridiculous. How in the world are those colours meant to reduce eye strain? It's literally the exact opposite. We don't pay a premium to fix problems, we're busy and want to get work done without suffering a migraine afterwards. If this doesn't get fixed I'm learning Davinci. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're all different, and feel free to opine here. The more the better. I didn't need the changes, but after taking the entire time of five minutes to mod things more to my liking, it's fine. I don't like the "inverted" brightly saturated waveform, and understand the objections of those who don't like the flat top due to space for the icons top right of each track.

I know plenty of others who love the new options. Including quite a few "old-school" editors who's first reaction to this was what the ...? ... along with anger. Who then tried "Vibrant" just to show how gosh awful it was ... and .. um ... they love it. They now work with the "Vibrant" preset.

As a daily user of both, I find the Resolve UI stiff and totally incapable of any customization. I've got friends who LOVE the Resolve UI, but that's great, there's options.

If you prefer the UI over there, and having no ability as a user to change anything, feel free. These are tools. Complicated hammers. Use what floats your boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You hit the nail on the head with the hammer analogy. Premiere is a tool, and as with any trade a tool should do it job well, improve over time, and improve efficiency. What it shouldn't do it suddenly turn a ghasty colour and expect the user to give it a paint job before they can start work. Adobe have been doing great but the general consensus is this is a bad update. And they should be called out for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you are totally wrong on the 'general consensus' ... because the general consensus of those who don't like it is they don't like it. 

That is not how the wider user base has reacted, not even close. A ton of users have been exploring the colors they can now work with, and the added flexibility, and are thrilled.. And they're not posting 'here' because why would they?

Thee & me have our 'druthers how we'd prefer it to be. But I gotta tell you, some of the most curmudgeonly editors I know were initially outraged, and as I've commented, went to "Vibrant" just to get more justification for howling in RAGE.

And ... um ... loved it.

So even a lot of curmudgeonly editors love themselves the new look. Ah ... well.

I'm a realist. The vast majority of users either aren't bothered or love the new look. Thee & me ... well, we can try to get some adjustments as our best hope. So push for the adjustments you need, but as always, pushing politely is more effective to get humans to change something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen I'm not here to get drawn into pointless arguments. I'm here to show actual adobe employees my complaint about the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it wasn't in all a very usefully constructed complaint. I understand the frustrations, sure. Just trying to facilitate actual forward movement on these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the devs have released a New Project Dialog panel in the public beta.  So they do make changes as requested here, though it may take some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good @R Neil Haugen 

"they're not posting 'here' because why would they"

"pushing politely is more effective to get humans to change something"
Emphasis mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, j'ai un problème concernant la couleur de mes clips , ceux-ci n'ont plus la même couleur par défaut. Je travaillais sur mon portable, et puis je m'étais connecté sur une grande télé OLED pour mieux travailler, Depuis que je me suis débranché de celle-ci. La couleur bleu - de base de mes clips et même toute les couleurs libellés de mes clips de sont plus les mêmes.  Que devrais-je faire ? 

LaurentCiesla_0-1718832886294.png

LaurentCiesla_1-1718832906683.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

et je tiens à dire que sur les photos envoyés, les couleurs ne sont pas les memes que ceux que moi je vois. Voila pourquoi je ne comprend pas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was excited when Premiere updated the colors of the layer labels. They look great in the timeline, but why do they look so horrible in the Project Bin window. I color code everything and for some reason the layer labels look like garbage - almost all the same tone, just different shades in the project window. Is this an error/oversight on Adobe's part or is this just a me problem? 

Photos to show!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 24.5.0, and the label colours changed AGAIN?  I've already taken the time to set them back once, the last time I upgraded.  Is this something I have to do on every upgrade?  That's a serious usability problem!  Stop overriding my label colours, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! I'm version 24.5.0 and the label colours have changed AGAIN.

The 'Original' preset now says 'Original (Modified)' and the colours are identical to Default.

WHY?! You fixed it, now you've wrecked it again? Can't you just leave it be, Adobe? 

This is extremely tedious for a program I'm paying a premium to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just like to add +1 for an option to set the contrast/inversion on waveforms back to how they were previously. Sorry to pooh-pooh these fresh designs - maybe we will all come to love it, but I'm another full-timer finding this a bit of a barrier to working. Preciate all the innovation, and the help on the backend when we rub up against new stuff. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem from my point of view is that you don't seem to truly be able to make your own color presets.  While changing to one of the options offered ("Classic," "Vibrant," etc.) it changes the colors for every sequence in your project.  But when you change the colors and create a saved preset, it does NOT exhibit the same behavior.  I am finding no way to change the color behavior of ALL sequences in the project to something that I like.

This seems silly.  Am I missing something here?  How can I accomplish a simple desire to make my own look, save it, and have all sequences adopt this look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change all the colors to whatever you like.

I use the classic preset but change the brown into a bright red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just opened a project to find all of my colors were different just like majority of people here are experiencing. I customized the label preset to Classic and changed the audio color to green. Seems close enough to what it was this last few years for me to be able to go back to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines