• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 290 Replies 290
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending. I did notice that you could change it to light waveform on dark background by altering the colors but I still feel like this is a bandaid solution Adobe is forcing on us.

1) I already have a longstanding color scheme that I use to rapidly identify and differentiate things across projects both old and new. Global changes confuse an established workflow.

2) Though we have a workaround, it limits our palette we can choose from.  I use these colors for things throughout the interface, changing them might help the audio, but make it harder to differentiate folders and clips elsewhere.

It's a good solution for people who aren't married to the colors they have been using but I feel like the best solution in the long run is for Adobe to just recode the interface to let it look the way it used to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree ... but I'm first and foremost practical. So ... posit for a better system, and fix your screen as you can now. Tis Life. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any change to UI customization in 24.6? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selections being harder to discern, and inverted waveforms are the biggets issues for me. Any new customization of those in 24.6?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'd be nice for users who don't care about the unfixable change to stop
saying "just adapt." That's not how a service should work when you've been
paying for it for years. So if you don't mind the change, stop posting on
this thread.

Instead, it'd be useful for Adobe to offer an option of a TRUE FIX. Bottom
line: the unnecessary new version makes it hard to work. Many of us would
still like the original version exactly as it was. Not a halfway solution.

Looking forward to Adobe getting their act together and actually fix a
change thousands of users are still upset about after months of inquiry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend actually reading the other posts here. Without assumptions?

Most of us posting do not like the new changes. Don't make up stuff saying we do. But read the rest of the post. I don't like them anymore than you do. OK?

That said ... first, there are several million daily users of Premiere. Most of whom seem to be ok with, or even like, the changes ... no, I don't undertand that, but then we are all different. In everything.

I'm on several forums, and on one for pro editors ... you have to have your credits & whatnot to get accepted ... a number of the totally outraged folks over this went to try the "vivid" option, as total proof of how flippin' awful and stuuuuupid this whole thing was.

And ... instead found they loved it. Kinda ticking me off because I don't, but then ... again, we're all different.

Would a good chunk of us, like you, want an option for the old look? Exactly ... especially the audio tracks?

Heck yes.

Can you make it not quite so bad, in the meantime?

Yup.

So like I said above this, advocate for change, and try to set your own system so it's less objectionable.  And ... be polite, and respect that all others will disagree with you on most things. As that's Life among humans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main issue with the changes is the waveform height, which I don't see anyone else mentioning. As can be seen by comparing the red circles in the image below, the waveform used to go to the top of the track with any text covering the waveform. Now the text is given its own space at the top of the track, squashing the waveform below. This makes it
incredibly hard to see the waveform in detail at the same size it was previously. 

Waveform Text.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is a good point too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not have been mentioned in this thread, but I'd bet if one carefully went through it, you'd find several mentions.

As yes, this is one of the majorly annoying things ... waveforms are smaller on many timelines even IF the track height is the same. I totally agree, an "unfortunate" choice, being polite in public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how can I create a new thread about this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I still have this problem too in the latest version which is 24.6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full height waveforms are still available if you click the wrench icon in the timeline and turn off Show Audio Names.

Obviously audio names can be pretty useful so i've made it a shortcut.

EDIT : You also need Show FX Badges turned off as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DJP2014 Looks like and also Show Audio Type Badges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated from 24.3 to 24.4.1, the audio waveform label color is inverted and it looks darker. The problem is it is very hard to see and it is very annoying. I became too lazy to edit and did not want to use the Premiere Pro. This is a very big problem because it is still a bug in the 24.6.1 version and needs to be fixed immediately. Please Adobe team fix this bug/issue as fast as possible. Please see the screenshot that I sent below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can revert back to Classic from Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines