• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 290 Replies 290
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my post above yours, to change the audio colors to a dark color:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/p-label-colours-appear-to-have-inverted-in-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try a dark colour when I install it again. Though I'm more concerned with how the waveforms look, it was really hard to make anything out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 24.5.  I don't exactly mind the inversion of the colors in waveforms, but it is a bit jarring, and I would REALLY like an option in the preferences to have the colors show the way they used.  That is the light/dark tones inverted, and waveforms as black over color in the source/preview monitor.  I'm sure I can get used to it, but I don't really appreciate a visual change this radical being implemented in a dot release without an option to use the existing color scheme.  

Please add an option in the app preferences to modify the inverrsion of waveforms.

I do see the value in how the audio transitions look and work now.  it was also require some adjustment, but I don't find it jarring and I appreciate the easy ability to modify the cosine of the transition curves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Prefrences\Labels there is an option for "Classic" look, it's quite similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "classic" look is actually not similar at all. The problem is all the
waveforms and highlights are inverted. Extremely disorienting.

If anyone becomes aware of an update that Adobe puts out to revert this,
please post it.

-- Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The "classic" look is actually not similar at all."

Not 'at all' Andrew? I say it's similar, and you can simply change the Audio color to a darker one, which will show the waveforms in the lighter color (or a lighter color to show the waveforms in the darker color). Not at all?

MyerPj_0-1717890929178.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it's similar, there are still issues and they've been brought up repeatedly in this discussion.

- It's now much harder to identify what clip or clips are highlighted in my timeline.  If I use "classic" colors, it's almost impossible. My screenshot is a simple timeline, try on a complex one for more fun.

- So, I guess I'm forced to use the new defaults that make it (a little) easlier to see. But, then why do I have to deal with clip color lables looking so dark within my bins? By no means should a clip labeled as yellow be brown and hard to differentiate from other colors.

This all revolves around one thing- when you're an editor working on a team with clients, producers, and other creatives every single day, you must be an expert both in the content in your edit and what's going on in the timeline. Anything that hinders my ability to organize and react quickly is a strike against Premiere usage in a professional environment. I'm awaiting a thoughtful fix that actually makes my job easier!

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 4.04.15 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-06 at 4.17.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep being told by Adobe that there is a way to create the old look of
audio clips and their waveforms. But no matter what, it seems if I make
the clips a lighter color, the waveforms turn dark. Instead of remaining
light, like they used to be.

Is there a reason Adobe refuses to offer an option to retain the exact
previous brightness and contrast scheme of audio clips and their waveforms?

-- Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue started in May, and look, here we are in August without a solution. Shocking, adobe fails their customers and their wants again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm not a fan of the changes, like you, I do know your comment is perhaps ... minimal.

Why?

Because even though some of us don't care for it, to be polite, many of their several million daily users either like the changes, or don't mind them at all. So I think (unfortunately for thee & me) that actually, they have pleased a good chunk of the total user base.

Not pleased am I, but as always, realistic. Dang it all.

I modded the lable colors so it's ... ok, I suppose. The only problem is those inverted waveforms of course, so you have to outsmart their new system.

I do seriously wish we could set track height defaults, and also ... they'd move the blasted fx badge from too close to the end of the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil HaugenLooks aside, I still believe there are problems to be solved. Take a look at my screenshots a few posts back. First, you cannot identify selected clips very esially unless you're using the new "defualt" colors. Fine. I'll adapt. But, if I use the new "default" colors, then all the labels in my bins muted, dark colors that are impossible to tell apart. Either choise is a compromise and both make my job harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "can't identify selected clips easily" issue is still keeping me from updating, because it's definitely not a "you get used to it" kind of thing -- it's legitimately hard to tell what's selected!

I fear that all of the noise about the colors is going to completely hide the feedback about that specific problem, though, so I'm not hopeful that it will actually get fixed.

Or, who knows, maybe "hard to tell what's currently selected" was an Adobe design goal and they got a bunch of feedback from whoever their test users are that they *like* not being able to easily tell what's selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed 100% I was hoping that Adobe could atleast make the selector line thicker like it was in the previous versions. I get that to add some of the new features they had to reduce it but they reduced it too much. I have the same clips selected in both timelines and it's impossible to see.

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 1.37.19 PM copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message is purely for Adobe designers / workers:

Please stop justifying the changes. Instead, please focus on fixes. The
software has become very difficult to work with for the repeated listed
reasons (inverted waveforms, unclear highlighting, and visually
disorienting dissolve/fade graphics.)

You owe it to your longtime users to offer a way to use the previous visual
layout exactly as it was before.

-- Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of numerous weird things about this is some folks get the palette that is all dark/muted no matter what option they choose. If you do, you need to take a few minutes and make your own preset, as every color there can be set by you from an option dialog.

So for your own sanity at the moment, I'd recommend taking a couple minutes to create a usable (mostly) preset. Or two.

One thing I'll add ... some other old-time editors that I know who were ticked off royally about this, went to the "vivid" option or whatever it's called, to see how bad that was.

But they ended up loving it, which ... stunnned me. So who knows, with a bit of tweaking, you might find that preset usabe too. Stranger crud has happened it seems.

I keep prodding the devs on the blasted fx badge changes that make it harder to grab the cut point. I do like the new ability to do audio crossfades, but ... that fx badge thing is just a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

불편해 갸아아악

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any official response regarding offering a 'real' classic label color look like in 24.3 and earlier? Do we just need to accept the change and adapt somehow? I'm still on 24.3 because the new look really hurts my eyes. I don't want it inverted."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you pick the right color and brightness value for a custom audio label, it doesn't seem to "invert". I've seen a couple people post about figuring that out. 

It's annoying we need to try and figure that out though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I’d prefer to keep things simple and avoid the trial-and-error approach. It would be great if the tech team could just integrate what’s been working reliably for years and give users the option to choose. After all, as they say, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's really tough, but you may have to "adapt somehow". Somehow mate, you can do it. It's not that much trial and error, just selected a few colors or a couple, or even one. Dark colors for the label product light waveforms, Light label colors use a dark waveform. Choosing "Classic" colors in the preferences bring it really close and then you can just tweek the audio label color. I know it's hard, but I have confidence in you, that you can "adapt somehow".

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the most powerful qualities of Premiere is the ability to customize UI, and a HUGE advantage over Resolve. I hope Adobe continues to embrace this advantage and allow us to revert the waveforms in a future build.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was turning over and over worried about how @alex82lu would 'adapt somehow', and his aversion to 'trial and error' OK, I like the Vibrant color scheme (and the rest) in the new update. But we can't have Big Al going thru trial and error, so here's how to get inverted/non-inverted waveforms. I changed one setting in the Label Color Preferences, from... hang on... Dark Green to... wait for it.... Green!!.

MyerPj_0-1724272244497.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MyerPj  Hey thanks for your comment. So did you manage to revert with "the manual color labeling" that the audio label is not inverted? This is how my waveforms look like - darker background, brigher foreground (the waveform) and currently it is the other way around which I feel hard to work with. I just feel it is better on the eyes this way or at least I would prefer this option but of course it is also a habit. 

waveform_classic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
No unfortunately, the inverted waveform color / 'invisible' selection color issues are still problems even with my original Pantone label color choices restored.  Adobe needs to restore the previous look, at least as an option in a future update. I think that's the only solution. It is indeed very hard to look at. That's why they designed it the other way in the first place over 20 years ago. Mystifying...

Joshua Fong
Leisure Hive Productions
(323) 650-5854
WWW.HAJIRAN.COM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines