Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead keeps stopping on playback

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using the latest Premiere Pro on a windows 10, very powerful machine and for no reason at all when I am playing through my timeline the playhead suddenly stops and I have to press space bar to get it moving again. It keeps doing this. I am only playing audio so its not a power or GPU/processing issue. It does it on video tracks too.

I have just moved over from Mac to Windows and although my MAC computer was shite, Premiere worked with little problems on it. I hope this is not a windows thing...?? Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a commonly reported issue on either platform.

If Bob's suggestion doesn't work, report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies.

I don't even get an option to choose as my default input says "no input".

It is still stopping.

Any other advice?

Thanks

david

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Give us some details.  Might spark an idea.

How To Ask For Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any segments of your timeline have red bars over them?  If so, select the Timeline Panel and hit the Enter key.  That will render previews that should smooth out playback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zomid,

Do you need more help with this?

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, I've spent hour searching for a solution. I Don't have the same audio inputs as in the youtube video sot that's no help at all.  This only became a problem about 4 days ago and Its simply destroying my workflow.  Using windows 10 duel nvido 970 cards i7 processor.  Make no sense why it just started happening.  Anyone have anything i can try. I'm really getting frustrated with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris: It might help to do a full-screen capture of your UI with the sequence in question in place right after playback stops. We might be able to see something that hints at a problem: the Program monitor zoom level, the playback resolution, etc. It's worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I have a screenshot attached of my ui right after the playback stops.  Pressing the space bar will make it play again but it will stop after several frames.  I noticed as well that if I set my second monitor as the Monitor out, it flickers on and off unless the video is actually playing.  if the video is paused the monitor will keep flickering revealing the desktop background on and off.

premiereshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is normally caused by a faulty microphone or headphones.

Try a spare set of headphones or check a web am, occasionally cheap ones are not recognized very well and can cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, when i hit space bar, it plays 2 seconds and it automatically stops. But when i mute the audio, it plays continuesly. Send help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue I had was because my headset wasn’t plugged in properly, when u take out or put in a audio device premire pauses.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same issue for the past few months. It is driving me crazy. Someone send help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing audio input/output devices doesn't resolve the issues btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE SOLUTION IS: DON T PUT YOUR HEADPHONES VOLUME TO MAXIMUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE SOLUTION IS: DONT PUT YOUR VOLUME ON YOUR WIRES OF THE HEADPHONES AT MAXIMUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same trouble for several months--somewhat intermittently. Argh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man,

I was facing this issue due to my headphones not being plugged in properly, when an audio device disconnects premiere pro stops the audio/ video playback.

Check your ports and make sure your headphones are working correctly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solution is: don t put the maximum level volume on your headphones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this solution to work  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etlV5mQgRNs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this didn't work for me but deleting all my preferences did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today I solved this issue by just de-attaching a few devices from my CPU USB port.
How I found this?
I opened Device Manager and watched the device in that time I noticed that my Device Manager screen is flashing like a device is connecting or disconnecting from my system.
When I noticed this I removed all the devices, even the webcam and printer and my problem is solved.
So it occurs just because of devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines