• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin for mask opacity control in Pp

Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a plugin to animate the mask opacity in Pr? 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to achieve but you can already animate mask opacity in Premiere Pro.

In the Effects Controls panel for the layer you are masking, you can animate 'opacity' by changing the values next to opacity.

From 100% to what ever value you want. Once you've set the first level of opacity click the 'stopwatch' icon next to Opacity to set a keyframe. Then move to where you want the next opacity level set and adjust the opacity level again (and another keyframe will be set). 

Is that what you are after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, I should have been more clear here. The opacity level control only is rendered inoperable if the mask is inverted. There is no degree of control.  I am searching for a solution to animate the mask opacity in an inverted mask. 

Thanks

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just applied and inverted a mask on a Lumetri effect, animated opacity.

Worked as expected.

So ... what effect are you applying? Maybe if we knew more details, we could replicate.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, maybe you have a different version of Pp than I do. I created a mask, inverted it, tried to bring the opacity from 0% to 100%. The mask defaults to 0% accross the board. No control. This has been an ongoing issue for me on a few different versions of Pr. What version of Pr are you on? 

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both current shipping ... 22.3.1 ... and public beta 22.5.0.16.

Just tried on Pr2021 ... same thing.

Went to Lumetri, in the ECP set a mask in the Lumetri effect. Inverted, set it for 0% at beginning, 100% a couple seconds later.

Worked as expected.

So what effect are you applying the mask and opacity to, and specifically how are you doing it? That may help here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am not trying to apply opacity to an effect. I want the mask to dissolve up to reveal the layer below just like it does in Aftereffects. Perhaps I should just edit masks in AE instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.

So went to Pr, put a clip above another. Used Opacity on the top clip to set a mask, set to Inverted. Set beginning to 0, a couple seconds later to 100.

RNeilHaugen_0-1651697258779.png

and ...

RNeilHaugen_1-1651697330685.png

Works as I expected, as the mask comes up the lower layer comes through the outside of the mask.

And unchecking the inverted option reverses the action.

Are you working with an Adjustment Layer on the top?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I cannot achieve this and I am not using an adjustment layer. I am migrating to another editing platform, so I'll render these edits in AE for the time being. 

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, interesting. I've never had troubles doing this.

Wonder what's going haywire on your setup? That's a pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a pain but I was assuming my issue - no opacity control for inverted masks, was the defualt. I'll send this to Adobe. System-wise, I am on a Windows 10 machine. Are you on a Mac? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never owned an Apple device in my life, I live a clean life here!   😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here, here! A clean life as well as I! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines