• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor quality when using Hardware Encoder

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Mini M1 Only Sofware Encoder is useable in Premiere Pro When I encode using Hardware Encoder the file come out in very poor quality - very blocky Im not able to achive intended file size The only good side is speed Software encoding is very slow Slower then on PC with i7 I dont know if there is Apple or Adobe fault

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The different chips (CPUs) have really different capabilities in long-GOP encoding which gets really frustrating for us users. It's hard to simply know which CPU is good or ... not so good.

And neither Premiere nor Resolve have really awesome long-GOP encoders built in. I know a lot of Resolve users export to say ProRes or DNxHD/R and then take the file over to Handbrake or ffmpeg and do the H.264 encode there. But that takes knowing the H.264/5 encoding settings that get the best quality at rate sort of thing.

Which again ... most of us don't just know, right?

Yea, this whole H.264/5 encoding thing is so often frustrating.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Slawek21823968m64m  , Was your issue resolved? Can you please try the latest beta build and let us know how it goes there?   Thanks, Mayjain... View more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines