• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pops and clicks appearing in RENDERED audio not on the timeline

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My name is Paul. I'm a senior designer at ABC in Washington, DC.

I'm desperately trying to finish a 20 minute short film that's already in consideration at a couple dozen festivals.

My problem is popping and clicking sounds appearing in Exported files of this movie.

There are NO pops or clicks when listening to the audio on the timeline. The audio is pristine.

I render my previews in Prores 422 and when I export (usually using previews) to Prores 422---that export file of the entire movie will have random pops and clicks quite audible in the audio. 

I've tried Premiere on 2 completely different PCs. The older one runs Windows 10 and the newer one from CPU Solutions which cost well over $5,000 and has 16 cores etc etc runs Windows 11. The new machine was custom built by CPU Solutions specifically to run Premiere on (I received it two weeks ago) and to do video editing. The pops and clicks appear in Exports made from both machines. 

At this point I'm seriously looking at DaVinci for all my future projects. Premiere Pro is great IN THEORY. When it works. But there is so much wrong with it that whole days, sometimes the better part of weeks, go by while I try every conceivable experiment under the sun and instead of editing I spend my days reading and reading and watching endless videos on YouTube about how to "clear my cache" and on and on and on it goes. By the way I completely deleted my cache files manually several times and that makes no difference.

I've seen older 2017 to 2020 user reports here at Adobe about this same kind of issue...random audio that sounds like very noticeable pops or clicks. Some have reported them on the timeline and have stated that they can SEE the pop or click upon zooming down in the waveform. I can not. Nor can I hear anything wrong UNTIL I EXPORT.

It happens to me on actor dialogue tracks which were recorded in camera on the Blackmagic PC6KPro. If I import these same audio clips into ANY OTHER audio program on planet Earth they play fine. There are no pops or clicks. But Premiere can't handle them apparently. When I zoom down to the audio waveform there is no sign of a pop. I also can not hear a pop ON THE TIMELINE. These pops and clicks are appearing in the final Exports which makes this even more frustrating because a render on a 20 minute movie shot in 6K takes a while...and inevitably when the render is done followed by an export...it's here we go again with the random pops and clicks. 

Does anybody have any ideas on this? Again the computer I'm now running Premiere Pro on is brand new...was built from scratch by CPU Solutions specifically to run Premiere Pro. And it does: but with pops in the Exported audio every time. Thanks.

Paul G. / Washington, DC

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola , lo que noto segun tu explicación podria deberse a dos casuas, una al estar usando losp reviews podria ser que en estos este dichos elementos que aparecen luego en tu exportacion, y la segunda es que tengas demasiadas pistas de audio y algunas de ellas quizas no se vea en la linea de tiempo y esta pasando desapercibida. (me paso un par de veces)

Espero sea una de esas opciones.
Salu2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is all of the source media used in the audio mix stored locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire movie is stored on one of those little Samsung 4T SSD drives. So the project files are there. The footage is there. Audio. Music. Stills. Etc. Preview files are there as well. Everything. Not sure if that qualifies as "locally" but that's how I've been working on this movie for months. By the way...there was a time...some months ago when I got perfectly clean exports.

That's one of the MASSIVE irritations with Premiere. Something BEGINS or STARTS to happen that has never been a problem before. You shoot the movie. You cut it. You score it. You do color grading. You put the titles on...and all that time the sound on the timeline AND the exports is great. You're able to show it to a few advisors etc and then one day you wake up...and good ole Premiere Pro has now decided for whatever mysterious reason to simply put pops and clicks into your exported audio.

You didn't update a driver. You didn't change a card in the machine. You didn't suddenly pray to Satan the night before and therefore deserve punishment from the editing gods. You did absolutely nothing today that you haven't done a billion times before...and yet Premiere screws you.

And after a while, people like me who make a living from using that software will stop using it. And unfortunately, that time is rapidly approaching. Having said that...I appreciate anybody who actually has an original idea about how to solve this...I've read about making sure the driver in Audition is the same as the driver in Premiere. I've read and watched videos on deleting your cache. Or...delete the cache and then turn off the machine and restart...of delete the PEK files...or say five hail mary's before you sit down in the chair...I've read everything I think...at this point I'd try tarot cards or maybe a voodoo witch doctor if it would solve this idiotic problem. Thanks. Sorry to ramble. But WOW I mean Adobe...hello...there are tons of users out there who have this very problem and nobody seems to think it's important. It is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, an external drive counts as local storage.  How a network router is configured can introduce pops in the audio mix.  

Are all of the source audio files WAV or AIF?

Have you tried exporting with effects disabled?

Are the pops at the same location for each export or at different locations? 

If you mute the music and effects tracks, does the dialog export as expected?

Are you exporting to ProRes setting that match your source and Sequence ProRes?

If you do an OMF export and open that in Audition, do the pops get introduced? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The denoise effect has been known to do that.

Is that effect used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines