• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP2019 laggy, unworkable on top-of-line clean computer (not playback, though)

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a Dell XPS 7590 - their top-of line laptop.

8-Core, i9 CPU, 32gb RAM, GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5.  I just acquired it for paternity leave, and it's clean.  I am editing off of an NVMe SSD attached with a USB 3.1 interface, that gets ~900 MBps read and write speed.  All drivers are updated. 28gb of ram allocated to Adobe apps.

Premiere on this computer goes slower, is laggier, and crashes WAY more often than my 4-year old i7, GTX 980 Desktop System.

I particularly have trouble when relinking files, when changing workspaces, or when toggling back to Premiere from ANY other app.  I have lesser but still noticeable lag when doing things like opening a new timeline. Actual playback is very smooth and rendering works great.

3-10 minute hangs when trying to open a folder for a re-link.  5+ minute hangs on workspace selection, and 30+ seconds to become responsive upon toggling.

This happens regardless of media type, and on both new, fresh projects as well as established, 5-10mb projects.  It even takes several seconds to re-draw the workspace when changing workspaces in a NEW project with nothing imported.

I am at my wit's end.  I need this software to work.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought is to disable the Intel Display Adapter. Try from the Bios. If not, you may be able to do it from Device Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work - no BIOS setting, and when done from Device Manager, it makes everything run way worse, even playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do a search of the threads. There's info on the Intel drivers, and making sure you have the Nvidia being used in PP. You might look in this folder for gpusniffer.exe, run that from a command prompt

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2020

Intels top of the line performance processors don't come with built in video, partly for this reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines