• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP2022 multichannel audio imports tracks out of order

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to work with both online chat (stuck following a script) and phone support (large periods of nothing but static on their end) but lost patience.

PP2022 will import multitrack content and re-arrange the order of the channels.  Nearly got burned putting these to air. PP2020 on the left, 2022 on the right.  PP2020 reads the file correctly.  This is in agreement with Telestream Vantage and Switch.  PP2020 imports track 1, then moves 3-10 upward, then adds track 2.  

I triple checked all audio routing on import.  It's all 1:1.

At first I thought the issue was with the .mov container and discreet audio channels, as opposed to a single audio track with multiple channels within it.  This was because episode one was delivered as a single track and PP2022 imported it correctly.  However, later I was able to pull other files with discreet multichannel audio into PP2022 and it did not re-order them.

renaming the %appdata% and Adobe folder within documents did not resolve the audio mapping issue.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arg.  why no edit button?

"PP2020 imports track 1, then moves 3-10 upward, then adds track 2."

should read

"PP2022 imports track 1, then moves 3-10 upward, then adds track 2." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this issue.  Have you found a work around for it at all?  Only thing I could think of is creating a custom sequence with the audio mixer routed to fix the output.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We actually created an audio mapping preset called "Ad0be scramble", as we prefer to keep channel mappings the same on a timeline as is output.  Felt it better to address it at the source.

Then low and behold it reversed itself.  I'm now on 22.1.2 (build 1)--maybe a point release fixed it?

We no longer see this behaviour.  Be careful though--we had to revive an older project that featured this mapping and upon relinking the clips (they had been archived) the channels were now out of order!  Infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah good to know.  Looks like I need to update then.  Found also that it seems to be caused by the caption track on our video source.  After removing that we didn't have the same issue.  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask how you removed the caption track?  Just deselected before cutting it into a sequence?  I find embedded captions don't show a track in the source monitor anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened it in QuickTime Pro and deleted the caption track from the movie properties window, then saved it.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and permanently delete the original, any copy and any printout thereof. The integrity and security of e-mail cannot be guaranteed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is scrambling audio tracks again in v22.4.0 (build 57).  I'll bite my tongue.

We don't have QT Pro so the workaround posted here isn't an option.

Please stop affecting core functionality with your tinkering.  It's super important that audio mappings don't get randomly scrambled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've raised this issue to Adobe and their Engineers are looking into it to fix for future releases.  We found another workaround where you can delete the file from your bin after it scans the caption track.  Re-adding it then fixes the issue.  Hope that helps you as it did us.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing this!  How on earth did you get in touch with their engineers?

I think I mistakenly assumed this bug had been fixed because I had inadvertantly performed something similar to this process.  Had to relink assets as they'd been moved, and then all the patching I had done to overcome the bug became my undoing as the channels reverted to their correct order.  So my corrections now had to be undone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines