• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP2022 - when using captions Arabic symbols appear and not latin

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PP 2022, and when using Captions - when typing numbers, it is showing me arabic symbols (numbers) and not latin. The text is fine, only the numbers are the problem.
How to fix it?
When creating text using Essential Graphics or Legacy title and typing numbers, everything is fine...

I used to work on a project for Arab client and I was chainging something to help me write arabic text, but I reverted everything back to original, but I might have missed something.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tiborm,

What OS? What font are you using? What language is your PR install? When I have experimented with other languages, I have installed custom (e.g. Arabic) keyboards. What keyboard is your OS using?

Sending a note to Ali Jaber to see if he has any thoughts.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan,

thanks for replying.

Windows, Font - Arial, PR is installed in english.
Keyboard is Croatian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tiborm, usually you set numbers to Hindi in the preferences:

AliJaber_0-1679524212033.png

Be aware that Arabic digits really are the Latin digits:

AliJaber_1-1679524479382.png

If you didn't check the option of Hindi Digits, you shouldn't get them, but some Arabic fonts have only Hindi digits, so check your font characters set.

If your font have the Latin digits (Arabic really) and Hindi digits are displayed despite that you turn off the option in the prefrences, here is a workaround:

• Create text that contains Latin numbers using essential graphics
  • In the essential graphics create a new style
  • Select your caption and apply the style

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ali Jaber,

sorry for late reply, was working late.

I've tried everything and I found that I have only problems with this specific font.

"Arial". Dont know what went wrong with it?

5f1bf81e-8fb4-4d31-8760-ebd172066118.jpg

Capture4.JPGCapture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didnt know how to edit post above.
There is a glitch in the project file... On any other project I try, everything works normal.
Still, dont know how to make it work in that project, but nvm., I've managed to do a suggested workaround and it is cool now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad that the workaround worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ali,

do you have any idea what happened with Arial font? Because it has nothing to do with Arab fonts? How to make it "normal" with latin numbers again. I prefer this font the most for my captions

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't tell really, but you said earlier that other projects work normally, so it shouldn't be a problem. If you would like to continue working with that problematic project, create a new one, test if arial works okay, if yes, import the problematic project into the new one and use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines