Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prem Pro laggy whenever I add Essential Graphics on to Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted multiple times before!

Title says it all really.  When I'm editing a video, eg. 4K footage, for which I have created low res proxy files for, then edit in (with proxy mode on), and with Playback Resolution Mode in Program Monitor set to 1/8, it's all fine.  Smooth as butter.

But, when I add in an Essential Graphics title, it suddenly goes really laggy, where the mouse stutters all over the place and makes it a nightmare to edit.  The more titles I add the laggier (is that a word?) it gets.

Now, admittedly, I'm often putting these titles over footage that has been keyed, and colour corrected using Lumetri Colour adjustments, and has an image file underneath it. But, it's fine whenever the Essential Title text isn't on the Timeline.

Is there a setting I need to switch to allow smooth editing??

Just to confirm - I'm NOT talking about Playback of the Timeline.  Generally speaking Playback is fine, laggy, but watchable.

I am talking about the actual editing prcoess itself, moving around the Timeline once an Essential Title is introduced.

Thanks in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, I shall try each of those and see how I get on!

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, tried everything what was suggested by @Peru Bob (thank you) but nothing of this changed the problem unfortunaly. And I work with a MacBook Pro M1 Max with the highest specs. 710GB free space on the drive. The project is not that big, only 1080p resolution and the problem lasts even when I turn off all FXs (only some colour grading).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines