Apologies if this has been posted multiple times before!
Title says it all really. When I'm editing a video, eg. 4K footage, for which I have created low res proxy files for, then edit in (with proxy mode on), and with Playback Resolution Mode in Program Monitor set to 1/8, it's all fine. Smooth as butter.
But, when I add in an Essential Graphics title, it suddenly goes really laggy, where the mouse stutters all over the place and makes it a nightmare to edit. The more titles I add the laggier (is that a word?) it gets.
Now, admittedly, I'm often putting these titles over footage that has been keyed, and colour corrected using Lumetri Colour adjustments, and has an image file underneath it. But, it's fine whenever the Essential Title text isn't on the Timeline.
Is there a setting I need to switch to allow smooth editing??
Just to confirm - I'm NOT talking about Playback of the Timeline. Generally speaking Playback is fine, laggy, but watchable.
I am talking about the actual editing prcoess itself, moving around the Timeline once an Essential Title is introduced.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.
If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)
If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.
Hi, thanks for the suggestions, I shall try each of those and see how I get on!
Let us know what happens.
I have the same problem, tried everything what was suggested by @Peru Bob (thank you) but nothing of this changed the problem unfortunaly. And I work with a MacBook Pro M1 Max with the highest specs. 710GB free space on the drive. The project is not that big, only 1080p resolution and the problem lasts even when I turn off all FXs (only some colour grading).