• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro changes aspect ratio when exporting file

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to export the video I've created, despite showing the proper resolution in the player when editing the video, Premier Pro cuts off some clips in the preview player. However, some of the clips are completely fine and come out the same way they look in the player. It is only some of the clips that are cut off like this. What can I do to fix this? 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried "set to frame size" on all my clips and I have tried dragging the clips into an empty timeline but neither of these fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using that preset? I'm not sure why you would choose the AVI format, but that particular preset, notice the non-square pixels it has? That bit in parenthesis, 0.9091?

I would expect a format more of say H.264 or QuickTime, for starters. Matching your sequence properly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt export using AVI. I used Match Sequence settings and had the same problem. I also tried H.264 and same issue (using Square pixels 1.00) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have AVI chosen as the output format.

You're also significantly lowering the resolution as well as the Aspect ratio.

ss.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, not sure why you showed the Avi image if that's not the settings you used. Huh.

What are the framesizes of the clips? What is the framesize of your sequence, and of your final export?

Set to Framesize tends to not crop into an image ... it will size the image normally to the smaller of the two dimensions to match the framesize of the sequence. So if my clip is wider than the sequence I get top/bottom black borders. If its narrower, I get black borders on the sides of the image. And I then need to manually scale the image to fit the entire frame.

But after doing so, when I export at my sequence settings for framesize (most typically) ... all images come out as expected. So it is important to get all the data for the settings of your media, sequence, and export to try and figure out what's going wrong.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D3.png

Apologies, here are the settings I used to export the video. I also tried using Match Sequence settings. Neither of these fixed the issue. The problem is the issue does not appear when editing or assembling the video, it ONLY appears during the export/preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's a different sequence framesize than the above image.

What's the file framesize of the clips that are exported correctly, and of those that aren't?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you change this to Match Source?

Also, is the resolution of your game footage 1680x1050? 

knock.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

I tried that. And yes the game footage is 1680 x 1050. Not only that but the file I am importing is also 1680x1050. As far as the clips are concerned, the first 2 minutes or so are all from the same file. Despite this, certain clips within that are cut off and other ones arent. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any scaling on those clips on the timeline?

Also, in that export window, if you toggle between Source and Output, does the resolution change? If so, then you have a setting on your timeline that is affecting this.

source.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff

How do I check if I have scaling on the clips? 

When I toggle between source and output the resolution stays the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, when i toggle between source and output the resolution does change. What settings could I have on the timeline that could change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the clip that is experiencing the scaling and make sure it's set to 100

scale.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff.
The scale of all the clips is set to 100. The resolution changes when I change between source and output. If you can help me get it to look like the first image (source) I will be so happy!

D4.png

D5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Export window, under Output Source Scaling, if you change that to Stretch to Fill, does that show the whole window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you screenshot your Effect Controls with this clip selected? Something is being scaled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D1.png

As you can see it's one big file. In the preview player you can see the image is at the full resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You said some of the clips are fine, can you compare attributes of the ones that don't show correctly to the ones that do?

A screenshot of your sequence settings as well as the file properties of a clip (showing resolution, etc) would be useful too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines