• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro - Need to cut one video file into 3 clips and then have separate files for each clip

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4 minute long video that needs to be cut into 3 clips.  I have edited it so they are 4 clips (one of them will be combined).  How do I export each clip so it is its own video file?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

For each individual edited clip (not the combined one), this is easy. Double-click a clip and it opens by itself in the Source monitor panel, so when you choose File > Export > Media it exports just that clip.

For the two clips you need to export together, you can do one of the following:

• Set sequence in/out points as Philip suggested, choose File > Export > Media, and make sure to choose Sequence In/Out from the menu under the export preview. 
  • Select the two clips in the sequence, choose Cli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set in and out points around the areas you want to export.

In_And_Out.gif

i - in point

o - out point

Ctrl+Shift+X - Clear In/Out (or right click timeline ruler as seen in gif)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For each individual edited clip (not the combined one), this is easy. Double-click a clip and it opens by itself in the Source monitor panel, so when you choose File > Export > Media it exports just that clip.

For the two clips you need to export together, you can do one of the following:

• Set sequence in/out points as Philip suggested, choose File > Export > Media, and make sure to choose Sequence In/Out from the menu under the export preview. 
  • Select the two clips in the sequence, choose Clip > Nest to put them in their own nested sequence, double-click the nested sequence to open them up in their own timeline with just those two clips, and choose File > Export > Media. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

I respectfully ask adobe to make this process easier and more straight-forward (at least for non proessionals) , like going to the ordinary export screen and clicking "export each timeline cut to a seprate video file".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

I respectfully ask adobe to make this process easier and more straight-forward (at least for non proessionals) , like going to the ordinary export screen and clicking "export each timeline cut to a seprate video file".

By @sami27692643a8yl

You can submit that request over in the Ideas section of this community, where feature requests are upvoted and discussed by users, and may be reviewed by Adobe. If Adobe starts working on a request, they mark it in the Ideas section with a status such as Under Review, Planned, or Released.

(This area is more for user-to-user discussion and problem-solving.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you a lot, I did what you have advised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines