• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere and Media Encoder cannot handle dual GPU

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Premiere and Media Encoder do not handle dual GPU. I am getting constant crashes when I use Metal GPU Acceleration. I pulled one of the GPU out and I can use Metal again which is nice but it's a shame not to utilize both GPU. I would like to continue using Mac instead of full-time Windows. Is this an Adobe compatilbility problem or do I need to do something to use dual GPU? Thanks

I am running a lot of Maxon Red Giant plugins, Premiere Pro 22.5 on OS 12.3 Monterey, dual AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 8 GB,

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your system a "Hackintosh"? If so, that may be the cause of your problems. You see, Apple officially supports macOS installs only on Apple-branded systems - and nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a MacPro 6,1 that I added 2 AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 8 GB,which are on the recommended GPU on Adobe's requirements page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere has typically (in my understanding) been limited to using one GPU, and ... does not typically work at all with a pair of GPUs in an SLI config. I've heard of people having twin GPUs, and Premiere simply using the 'first' one on the board.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines