• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere can't find any compositions in relinked After Effects project

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problem when I try to relink a dynamically linked After Effects project in Premiere CC, after moving the AE-file to another location.

When I try to relink the After Effects project, Premiere first hangs for a while, then opens a window "Import After Effects Composition", with no compositions listed.

So there is no way to relink the comp.

When I click cancel I first get the message: "The project could not be opened", and then a new window "File Import Failure" with the message "The importer reported a generic error".

The After Effects Projects opens with no problem, and finds all linked footage from the new location. Moving the file back to the initial filepath relinks everything fine again in Premiere.

This looks very similar a issue mentioned by Jonah_UMG  as a responce in this thread:

Re: Premiere refuses to relink AE clips created with dynamic link''

The initial posters problem was resolved, but I don't see that this issue was addressed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 12.1.2 (Build 69)

OSX 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Then try to uninstall Ae, restart your system, and reinstall. Something under the hood is not making the connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic Link is a powerful feature but it is very picky about versions.  Pr and Ae need to be on the same version. What version of After Effect are you using? I think it should be 15.1.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My After Effects is the newest version as well 15.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try to uninstall Ae, restart your system, and reinstall. Something under the hood is not making the connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chromascope,

Have you tried the recommended step? Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest versions of both Premiere and AE, and I have the same problem. I uninstalled AE, reinstalled, and restarted, and I still have the problem.

Worth noting:

If I use the regular Import option in the Project panel, I can select the AE project and it generates the list of Comps for me to import. But I have dozens of Linked Comps in this one Premiere sequence, so manually re-importing each comp and cutting it into the sequence is not an ideal workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled both Premiere and After Effects and then re-installed previous releases of both. This fixed the problem. Must be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How were you able to open projects from a newer version of Pr/Ae in a "previous releases of both"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was two years ago, so I don't remember exactly. But I'm guessing my project files were a few years old, so they were still able to be opened in many older versions of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines