• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere, can't turn on source patching on tracks

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the area for the source patch indicator, which is to the left of the padlock on the timeline, the indicator does not light up on any track.

I've already started premiere with shift, and shift alt

windows. I have 13.1.2 build 9

2019-06-23_22-20-44.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Solved by opening anything in the Source monitor, then i can select the patch indicators.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved by opening anything in the Source monitor, then i can select the patch indicators.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this and the fix. I had tried everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not solve the problem. The blue indicator that the source patch is on in A1 will not select

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you view the Audio Tracks of the source clip in the Source tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot. I'm having the same issue as scoutime but, I can drag a/v into the timeline without having the source patch (see 1st pic) enabled for some reason. but when I'm trying to add a clip into the placeholder from a transitions pack, it won't let me. I'm unable to enable it in the 2nd pic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into the same problem, and everything that worked for the above should UNLESS the audio track you're trying to do is in a different quality. As in, if everything else is in a normal audio format and the track you're trying to insert is, say, Dolby 5.1, then Adobe will force this into a different track for some reason. Discovered it was doing this when I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why Adobe was commanding just this one video's audio to be in it's own track when everything else was being allowed to go in whatever track I wanted EXCEPT the track the 5.1 audio file was in. Not sure if this is something you can change or not, as I JUST NOW discovered that it even does this for 5.1 audio. Check to see if there is any indication that the audio you're trying to use an audio clip that was recorded with something that used a different codec or something. Because apparently Adobe has a specific way of how it has to handle those ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As in, if everything else is in a normal audio format and the track you're trying to insert is, say, Dolby 5.1, then Adobe will force this into a different track for some reason.

By @justind28528015

Its the way the audio is designed.

You cannot drop a 5.1file in a mono/stereo track. And vice versa. No way to drop a mono or stereo file in a 5.1 track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines