Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2017.1.2 Crashing during switch to color editor

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working on a mid 2015 Macbook Pro (refurbished, used less than a year, 2.5GHz, 16GB RAM) and about 40-50% of the time I switch between the Editing and the Color editing layouts, Premiere will crash. I'm seeing a lot of people working with frequent crashes- but not seeing people with this. Am I alone here? Other crashes happen too (including this morning, where yesterday's saved project fully exported but upon opening it today only half of it was there in the timeline), but this one is a very consistent issue.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Sorry you're having this issue! This appears be a bug. You can report it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Creophoto,

What kind of GPU? What kind of footage? OS? RAM? Media drive setup? Any other effects on the clip? Have you tried Software Only mode?

Let us know!

Thanks,Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU: Intel Iris Pro 1536MB

A mix of footage from DJI drones and a Sony a99ii (H.264 .mov and H.264 .mp4 respectively) along with some simple graphics.

macOS: Sierra 10.12.6

16GB RAM

Doesn't often crash while using the color editor, it crashes repeatedly however when I switch modes from one to the other. Doesn't seem tied to how much material I have in the timeline.

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 12.00.51 PM.png

What does Software Only mode do?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Following up on this- have you had time to read my response? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I haven't really seen this exact issue, but I'll keep my eye on it.

My feeling is that you're footage is probably causing a lot of these issue. I advise you to transcode it prior to work on it, especially if you are doing things like adding GPU accelerated effects like Lumetri and Warp Stabilizer. If you are operating with 4K footage that is playing back in a HD sequence, that can also tax an underpowered system and underpowered GPUs.

Please try transcoding your footage to a more lightweight codec and report back if this has solved your issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the issue. I do not really understand anything you said but i want it fixed. Is it a bug? I just try to change the color of my clip to make it look a little more artsy, but it just crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No its not a bug.

Heavy compressed footage can cause issues.

Transcode to a more edit friendly format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KEVIN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premier Pro CC 2017 is doing the same thing only im on a completely different system Windows 10,   Xeon 12 core,  64G ram  Nvida 1060GTX 6gig .    Haven't had a single problem until this last update.

Rodney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're having this issue! This appears be a bug. You can report it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines