• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere cc2017 will not open projects from other mac users

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I found a serious bug with Premiere 2017.  I have two iMacs running Premiere with two different licenses.  Everything was working fine until we decided to have the editors swap projects and then we got an error message saying "The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements."  This happened on both machines with both projects.  Both projects open up fine with their original user.   We are at this point stopping any further use of P2017 until this bug is solved. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Sorry that it has taken some time and we were not allowed to comment on the fix date, but this issue should now be resolved in the 11.0.2 update that was just posted today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 145 Replies 145
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George_G,

Create a new project in Premiere Pro CC 2017, Import the project file(.Prproj) created in other Mac into it using File > Import & check.

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidya,

I am having the same problem.  The solution you proposed did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, in the middle of editing 2 long projects, just bought a new Mac Pro and I can't open either project on the new machine running CC 2017, but they open fine on the old Mac also running CC 2017. Same error message  "the project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements" El Capitan OS 10.11.4 Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also did not work for me. Encountering the same problem right in the middle of a big project. Please, has anyone found a resolution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidya, the solution you proposed indeed does not work.  A message pops up saying "The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements."  Again, this project works fine under the other mac user profile.  Plus, even if it did, this is not a viable solution.  I cannot have my editors having to create a new file and import the old project every time it needs to change hands.  This is a big fat red flag.  Not sure how this one fell through the cracks, but adobe needs to fix this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George_G, Davidb,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.I am checking with my resources for a resolution or workaround.

I will reply as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George_G, Davidb, Chester,

Open the project in the machine the project is created, Save the project with a different name & try opening the project in a other machine.

Please let me know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

No change. The files will not open on "other machines" or "same machine with a different user". I have managed to reopen the file but the conditions were: same machine + same user.

Any other ideas? Is there a fix being pushed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to fall back onto a previous version of Premiere (2015) until this is resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chester, Under the creative cloud app there is an option to reinstall CC2015 apps.  The only problem is that if you upgraded your project to CC2017 the CC2015 app will not open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah... this is true indeed. My team has several projects running simultaneously, but, alas, we all upgraded immediately. We need a fix for this with the highest urgency. Would you happen to know if a ticket for this issue has been opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vidya,

We tried saving the project with a different name and it did not work.  We get the same error.  I even tried saving on a different external drive and tried that and also did not work.  The project only works when the same mac user opens the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its bot working for me... and I AM the SAME Mac user.  I did an update to cc2017 and now EVERYTHING  i have in Indesign says converted and I can open but not work on the documetns.  H E L P   P L E A S E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Silivia Lozza, The problem referenced in this forum thread was a Mac only issue that was introduced by a bug in Premiere Pro 11.01 and was fixed in the Premiere Pro 11.0.2 update. If you have 11.0.2 installed or later and you're experiencing this error, I'd be interested in finding out more about the CC Library issue you're describing. Your issue, although it may have resulted in the same error message does not appear to be related to the same problem described by other users in this thread.

@Tracie Zorzi, InDesign? I think you've posted in the wrong forum. Try reposting a clear problem statement along with the steps you've already tried in the InDesign forum. Or... you might want to just call our support department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've opened a separate (more detailed) thread here:

Impossible to open projects - Libraries' fault?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue with multiple users on Mac OS X El Capitan. Only person who can open a specific project file is the person / account who created it. Really painful right now -- need quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No resolution yet.

To all who are posting:

I have sent in a big report describing the issue as I am sure this is starting to pop up all over where people are editing projects, in teams. In the meantime, I have been forced to install the previous version (v.2015) and have had our video team halt any further project editing on Premiere Pro v.2017, until further notice. We have lost work that was done immediately after the upgrade to Premiere Pro version 2017. We've had to redo that work again in v2015 to make sure we can continue to pass long the project to other members of the team. It's not a fix for the bug, but, perhaps those of you out there who do work in teams, will find this useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue at my work. Everyone updated to the latest Premiere, now we're having major problems sharing project files or even opening up old projects that we completed entirely all on the same machine as recent as a few weeks ago.

Needless to say it's a showstopper and I hope Adobe is looking into this at the highest priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case this helps anyone, for right now, exporting an XML of either single sequences or entire projects and then importing that into a fresh project will get you back up and running, albeit without most/all of your a/v filters. Assuming you can open the project somewhere to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone on this thread share a project file with me that has this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are three diff projects that all have that issue: Dropbox - projectfolders_adobecrash

If it helps to know our setup: we are on three different iMacs all on OS X El Capitan working off of an afp connection to a NAS (Synology) on shared network. All computers are connecting through ethernet. \

We are finding that only the particular user account on the specific computer can open up the same project that was created. If we use same computer and change accounts, it won't open the projects. IF you change computer with same user account, it won't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. Unfortunately, all 3 project files you posted opened just fine for me without error. But.... I did get prompted that some obsolete plugins were missing. Not sure if that's related, but I am suspicious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to open this and I can open it on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines