Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC2019 Dynamic Link problems

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a multitude of projects, explainer videos, that are modified on a regular basis for the company I work for.

I use a ton of AE comps, dynamically linked to premiere for the ease in changing text, etc. within Premiere.

In CC2019, AE comps made prior to the CC2018 release will load and play fine, but anything made with CC2018 will show a media pending error and will obviously not play.

Also, in MOGRT files made with typekit fonts, the font that is supposed to be used is NOT used in CC2019.

Let me know if I should report this as a big.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Few other users have also reported a similar issue.

We're investigating it.

I regret the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Few other users have also reported a similar issue.

We're investigating it.

I regret the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any movement on this? I just updated to cc2019 and I'm having the same issue now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

This answer is marked as "the correct answer" to this question. How is that the right answer?

After upgrading many CC programs to 2019 I got a lot of problems, and time consuming trouble shooting.

Including the same problem as the other users here and I think you should present an answer to this problem very soon. Two months have passed since the first shout – in this thread...

Regards,

Joakim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joakim,

Sorry for the confusion on this thread. It's clear that more assistance is needed.

Can you provide a detailed description of your issue including OS, media, basic project details?

Also - as an option - Have you had a chance to reach out to support directly for assistance troubleshooting?

You can open a case with them via call or chat at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wes!

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have been searching for answers to my problem: The Dynamic Link did not work in Premiere nor After Effects.

After uninstalling and downgrading it only got worse. After finding out that the dynamic link only works with programs of the same release, I re-installed the CC 2019 again; Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder. Checked function by making a very simple comp in AE and simple sequence in PP and sent to ME. Now it works from PP to ME. ME starts up and ques the project. AE to ME is not working at all. There is the spinning color blob and nothing happens. When I quit ME a failure report pops up, which I think is a sign that ME is corrupt somehow. I can choose a PP sequence from within ME to render, but not an AE comp.

I work around this by rendering a QT/animation mov and then drop that mov into ME. That works.

Programs were all CC, Mac, Mojave, 64Gb RAM, >500 Gb free space on hybrid main disk, 1Tb SSD cache/scratch disk.

Now this is a Premiere thread, I get it, but you guys might send this little gem to your colleagues at InDesign department:

The upgrade to InDesign was a real chock. Spinning blob forever. I downgraded immediately, which made that I lost all shortcuts to last documents and, the real punch, every time I open an Indd it says "This is made in a newer version of InDesign and can't be opened. You can try to convert it by clicking here". Thanks Adobe.

Regards,

Joakim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joakim

There are some related fixes that we hope to release very soon. (Please watch for updates in the very near future)

If that doesn't help we should arrange some troubleshooting. 

Sorry to hear about InDesign issues.  I'm not much help there    I'd recommend checking out the online resources for InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded today and am having the same issue. I had to downgrade so I could keep working. When I tried viewing the effects on the linked comps it would say no clip selected and premiere would often crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have the same problem. Also downgraded now.

Regards

Gerdy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it fixed? Still not working for me. I have everything updated but when I click in PP on the make composition in AE it doesn't open AE. It only works if I have AE already running. If I then save it and open the PP project another time it shows that the dynamic links are missing. I have to have AE and PP open in order to work which is a problem since I usually work with multiple AE project inside my PP project.

Please fix it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still not fixed... At every big update we always face the same issue. Yes if you open AE and load the AE projects before you open the Premiere project, it opens fine. The issue is that I have multiple AE comps from multiple AE projects on my Premiere timeline and I cannot open more than 1 AE projects at the same time. It would be a cool way of working but looks like Adobe is not able to solve these issues when a new update comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do: Trying not to use dynamic link, it never worked properly, always crashes during the simplest tasks. It's useless to wait for Adobe to fix "the" bug 😄 they just create three more....  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it nice, that the only working solution to get some work done while using a paid application is to not use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are back in 2020 and the issue still exists in the latest Premiere. I have some projects created in the v12 Premiere Pro and I cannot load it properly. All the dynamic links are pending. I tried to download and install that version of Premiere but I could only go back to the v13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. Anytime I scrub over a dynamically linked comp in Premiere, the Ae project pops up with an After Effects "Warning: Unknown Exception".

Video project of four weeks has been rendered uneditable and unrecoverable. The productivity loss in this software glitch has cost my company thousands of dollars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines