• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Markers export and import: Roundtrip via FCP XML not working

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The objective of my project is to create a sports app that records markers and saves it in different formats of XML / CSV that I can then import in different NLE packages.

I have already succeeded with Vegas Pro but also want to support NLEs for MAC-OS.

In order to approach this analytically I have exported a very simple project with 1 sequence including 1 clip and 3 markers (with length zero and length > 0) and exported it
in FCP XML from Adobe Premiere CC and do a round-trip import it via FCP import into Adobe Premiere CC.

This round-trip does not work. Any insight why or any support what other mechanism will work?

Thanks

Thomas

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide step-by-step instructions, on what you did? How/where did you create the markers?

Round-tripping should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the attached movie where I do the export and then do the import. The markers do not come back
even if I put the original video file on the timeline before importing...

Thanks, TK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At 1:48, you say "First attempt of importing XML into empty project gives nothing"...but you don't have the Project panel open, so how could you know?

At 2:01, "Second attempt with a file already in the timeline gives no better results - no markers in either case".

You just imported an mp4 file, by dropping onto an area that says 'drop here to create new sequence'. You now have a new sequence, containing no markers.

Prediction; if you show your Project panel after 1:48, you'll see a sequence, WITH your markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You're right, opening a project panel I could see 2 sequences and when opening them, then markers were there. Newbie error.

What I would like to do now, is to generate the markers in the XML file automatically (given that now I have a template from the export that works);
that's no problem and I have identified already the relevant XML statements.

In Vegas, it's possible to import only the markers in an existing sequence. That's what I try to replicate in Premiere. Ie you load my .mp4 file into
a sequence and then import and FCP XMP with just the markers. That possible?

Thanks already for your help, greatly appreciated.

Regards

TK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas Kohler wrote:

What I would like to do now, is to generate the markers in the XML file automatically

What are those sequence markers, applied to an empty sequence, going to represent? 

Perhaps a template project would be the way to go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let's go back to the purpose:

I have written a mobile app on which people can during a sports match capture the time of the important moments by pressing buttons.

I then convert the time information into an XML or CSV file that can be read by the different NLE. Given that Sony Vegas allows to import
markers independently from a sequence. Now I look at the same things for Premiere. This allows to edit the highlights very quickly vs watching
the entire match coverage again.

I try to replicate that on Premiere through the FCP XML, but now that the roundtrip works, the issue is that FCP XML in its structure wants a sequence.

I could imagine to provide a dummy sequence that can be overlayed by the real content just to preserve the markers. Any ideas?

Regards,

TK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What did Vegas do, when the time base in which the markers were created didn't match the new destination?

> Any ideas?

Have you seen Prelude? It's designed for the workflow you've described.

https://creative.adobe.com/products/prelude-live-logger

http://www.timecodebuddy.com/apps/adobe-prelude-live-logger/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines