I'm using Premiere Pro on an M1 iMac and it's been working just fine. About 4 days ago, I tried to export an OMF for final mix but all I get are unusable zero-byte-sized files since then. I tried clearing software preferences and reinstalling Premiere Pro, none of that worked. What could be the cause and possible SOLUTION for this?
I have same issues too, do you have any answer for this problem buddy?
We're sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific project/sequence or all of them?
all projects have same issue. Lets say, I copied my sequence to new project, perhaps that can be exported the omf. But still the same, it didn't work. Running it on rosetta2 mode, the grayed out AAF option on export is come out. But when I export omf, still dont have progress bar. And the file size still 0kb
Same issue here !
Same here. I reverted back to PP 22.00 and it works, this needs to be fixed in a patch asap this is a major work flow issue!!!!! COME ON ADOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luckily 22.4 projects are compatible with Premiere 22.0
That did the trick, but it's riddiculous to have to revert 4 versions to be able to use it.
this needs a stable solution fast.
Every day I check for an update and am shocked they havn't fixed this. This is a project killing bug. Absolutely shocking and a huge pain in the ass for anyone trying to deliver sound for mixes. This is why I have switched to resolve for every client possible.
Having same issues. Come on Adobe! Getting closer to not using adobe suite anymore. This is so unprofessional.
Same issue here. And it's happening across all projects @Sumeet Kumar Choubey . Worst of it: I've exported yesterday in one project and it went just well - 430,800 kb OMF file - and today if I repeat the process it just spits out an 0kbs OMF. Nothing changed from yesterday to today....so what's the problem here?
Up ! Come on Adobe, it's very important !
It doesn't work on my M1 either. The only workaround to stay on current software is the open the project in Audition. Then make the OMF out of there. However even that has problems. First if you have multiple timelines the process of selecting the correct one is almost random. The titles don't match the content. So I delete all but whatever I need to make the OMF from. The real problem is if you used the "remix," function form Essential Audio. If you do, the OMF may not match the timeline. The fix for that is to render and replace all the "remixed," tracks so that all the Adobe stuff had no choice but to use the correct stuff. All in all, this is really frustrating and sloppy.
Oh Yes ! The "remix" function doesn't work on the omf. This is a another problem that I haven't yet dered to mention.
Adobe has seemingly struggled with the M1 and audio export from the very beginning. My mixer prefers AAF files and that has never worked with the M1. I used to be able to open the project in the Intel version of the software and the AAF export option would be there but that doesn't work anymore either. I have gone through trouble shooting with Adobe multiple times and their best advice is "drop back to a version that works and maybe we'll fix it on the next rev."
The most recent upgrade (22.5.0 build 62) seems to have restored the functionality of OMF export as well as opening the Intel version of software and exporting an AAF. I cannot verify that the problem with "remix," has been addressed but at least the OMF/AAF export functions work again.
The fact this thread is from May and its August and im still experiencing this issue! Cmon Adobe. Do better pls.