• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2019 Legacy Title Tools & Actions

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Premiere Pro 2019 (version 13). I prefer using the Legacy Title tool because I find it more straightforward and easy to use. Except... on this latest version I find that when I open it, the tools and actions displays are always hidden. I have to click on the little horizontal bars and call them up. Is there any way I can change this so that they simply appear whenever I open the titling tool? Thanks,

J.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Screen+Shot+2018-10-23+at+3.19.50+PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thinks that I solve this issue by edit my own shortcut Ctrl+T for opening the Title legacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our experience is that this has not been resolved by the 19.0.2 update.

It's like herding cats. The panels continue to reposition themselves each time Legacy Titles are opened — but at least the panels persist, if not remembering their positions.

These shots taken seconds apart after closing and opening Legacy Titles.

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 16.07.16.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-06 at 16.07.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens response marked 'answer' at the top of this thread with original post describes how to structure and save your workspace with Legacy Titles -- what i describe as 'reprograming' the LT window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, herd away!

Sorry, I gave an incomplete answer. See this response that explains what was fixed (panel not staying together) and what not (resizing).

Re: "Legacy title" panel size changes every time I reopen

Does Ann's/your method avoid the resizing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it still resized but the windows stay together.

The resize bug is hopefully fixed in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Joshua B,

Only giving you my advice as an editor and as someone who has worked on other NLE software. When stuff gets named "Legacy" -- look out!

If you can't deal with the removal of a Legacy tool, let the devs know. No other way to prevent this. Good luck.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a classic developer´s [PROFANITY REMOVED] of the 21st century. Premiere is not a social network fur dumbos, this is a paid professional tool, that many of us use for work for many years! And we are used to some techniques and don´t have time to learn new stuff, which is unnecessary for us. Adobe is just pushing us to switch to the new panel. I tried it and I hate it. And then when I create e.g. subtitles for a whole film, this tool-panels-disappeering totally disgusts me. 

So maybe Adobe should wake up and instead of pushing us old dogs to new things, it would be much more appreciated to keep the old stuff there for us. It is nice to add new features, but please don´t destroy what used to work just fine and is apparently still there. Cheers

Moderator Note: Warning. Please do not use profanity on our forums, even if implied via any surreptitious method (like the above). We have minors reading here. Thank you for understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ... people want a faster and more stable program and also want all the old code tools written for use on computer gear that hasn't been in production for years left in the app. You can't have both.

Software and computer gear are always changing, and neither you nor I nor Adobe can do one thing to even slow it down. I bought the first computer for our business in mid-80's, and we got the insanely large 40MB hard-drive. People telling us we were nuts to spring for that huge a drive.

I've got a drawer full of software on floppies and optical drives ... all of them dead apps, long since totally unusable. The big dogs of software in the 80's/90's ... dBase, Word, several others. We have constantly needed to move through computers, replacing the one in our 'heaviest' workflow as needed, moving that down the line and dumping the oldest computer in the shop.

And ... I've got a new video build on order now. Yea, ouch ... but ... it's time.

The apps must change. You can choose to stay with the old, and ... after a while ... probably go into the drawer of dead apps.

I don't often like changes ... but they are a part of modern life. And this wasn't from the engineer's/developers wanting to do something to the users. It was something that many users wanted. That old Titler had nice capabilities for the mid-decade era. Yea, about five years ago ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the title functions and styles available at the bottom right of this workspace. You can refer to the screenshot attached:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Shivangi. With all due respect, though, it was much better before when these options simply opened as a matter of course beside the titling window when you opened the titling tool. These are not luxury options, you need them to create the text and move it around the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen+Shot+2018-10-23+at+3.19.50+PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not resolve our issues. Each user must rebuild the legacy title panel, in each workspace they use, on each computer, and the legacy panels must still be organized again each time the legacy title tool is used.

We've migrated to the newer title tools where applicable. We now have multiple processes in play, and older projects remain a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to wait for a fix (soon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to Reset to saved workspace of the All panels workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this guys! This is a big bug and it's adding HOURS to our edits. It's like having to install the tires on a car every time you have to drive it. This does not make sense. All the panels SHOULD be up when we open the title tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The panels not sticking together was fixed in 2019.0.2. But using the panel results in the panels resizing. They are working on it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just adding my voice to this. Each time i edit a legacy title, i must again open the tools and properties panels. This is cumbersome. and new to cc2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. We use legacy titles a LOT (like > 100 times per hour of video content). Our Chief Designer is so pissed, he is looking for alternative Software .

This bug drives me crazy and make me angry too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I do the method of "reset to saved layout" as soon as I move anything in the layout to make my workflow more suited for me, the issue returns. I have to open all property panels. Why I do I have to constantly have to either open property panels or reset my layout? I use essential graphics when needed, and I create them but in some situations they are not necessary. Please stop trying to push Essential graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2018-12-19 at 15.54.29.png
Legacy Titles: background goes full screen, rectangles won't auto-adjust
Captions: broken, bugged, won't align and WON'T RENDER
Essential Graphics (on screen): I've build sample caption, but it's not in the EG library yet, it's not in project manager viewport and there's no save button I could see, there's no "find in project" after right-click and the copy-paste on timeline doesn't do the trick.

Task was a simple text on black rectangle.

Adobe 2018. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific dot version of PR are you running?

Your Captions line refers to the captioning tool, right? And by "Won't Render," you mean what? The only issue that I'm tracking is not burning in when exported through AME with preference for "Import Sequences Natively" turned off.

Some alignment issues continue; others have been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if you open the legacy titles window and then just minimize it, it will stay with the correct settings as you open up other titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice tip, mattm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Titles window only has a red x "close" button. How does one minimize the Legacy Titles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP's question has been marked as correct. The thread is turning into every complaint possible about a Legacy panel. Please create a new post or create a bug report or feature request here. Post is now locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines