• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 glitch in export

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with this issue for a long time and it's frustrating that I can't get the video I'm expecting. I have a 15 min video that I want to encode but I keep getting glitches every time I export. So far the glitch has been appearing at the same spot every time.

I had this same issue with shorter videos (5-8 min) every time I exported with H.264 and I was able to avoid the issue by exporting on a Quicktime Apple ProRes 422. However, now this workaround is not working and I'm getting this glitch with every format and codec I use.

The preview looks fine (no glitches). I only see the glitches on the export. I'm getting the same result when exporting directly and when exporting from the Adobe Media Encoder.

Screenshot of glitch on exportScreenshot of glitch on export

I took a look at these similar posts:

And none of those solutions are working for me. I also tried restarting the app and exporting, and restarting the computer and then exporting (this was suggested on a different post). 

Computer Specs:

• Processor: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • Memory RAM: 32 GB
  • Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Export Settings:

• Time interpolation: Frame Sampling
  • Software Encoding
  • Render at maximum depth is OFF
  • Use maximum render quality is OFF
  • Bitrate encoding: VBR, 1 pass
  • Bitrate: 8 Mbps
  • Preferences -> Media:
    • Hardware accelerated decoding is OFF
  • Preferences -> Audio Hardware:
    • Default Input: No Input

I don't know what else to do. Do any of you have an idea how I can get the video to export correctly? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's frustrating.
You could try importing to Media Encoder, rather than sending to it from PPr.

Did you import via media browser or direct into the project panel? You've probably tried this, but have you imported a fresh copy of the clip via media browser and replaced the clip on your current timeline? 
Another thing you could try is transcoding that clip on the timeline and then exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this and it didn't work... Not sure what's going on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try setting your preview settings to match your intended export settings, render the section and then enable "use previews" in the export dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this and it didn't work... I also started seeing the glitch in the preview (only at times)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to be clear, your seeing this glitch at just one place every time you export?  Is this a clip that has a speed adjustment?

Tell us the settings for the source clip and your sequence settings(frame rate, codec and pixel dimensions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, only one place, and there are no speed adjustments.

Source settings:

1. Video: Frame size: 1920x1080, 30 fps, Progressive, 58915
  2. Audio: 44100 Hz Stereo

Sequence settings:

1. Video: Frame size: 1920x1080, 30 fps, Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0), Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan), Display Format: Frames. 
  2. Audio: 44100 Hz, Display Format: Audio Samples
  3. Video Previews: Preview File Format: Quicktime. Codec: Apple ProRes 422, WxH: 1920x1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the codec of the source clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video Codec Type: HEVC 4:2:0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally I think we're getting somewhere.  Export the original file (or just the pertinent section) as a prores422HQ file and replace it in the timeline...  HEVC is heavily compressed and that may be the source of the problem.  If you do the whole file (rather than just the clip) you should be able to unlink the clip in premiere and then relink to the prores file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this did the trick! I exported the source file to the settings I wanted for the final video and then edited and exported that video and now I don't see any glitches. Thank you, mgrenadier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sadly i did what was told here but it didnt work T.T

can anybody help me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue as you. I found a video that addressed a couple of fixes and this one worked for me  File > project settings > general > *change Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acc * to *mercury playback engine software only* 

good luck.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a saint for posting this. I had a similar issue and this fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My solution was to export as HEVC (H.265) and then 'match source - high bitrate'. Not sure why, but this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines