• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro export glitches

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, one client has asked me to do a quick job by shortening and cutting a youtube video, which I've downloaded using a youtube to mp4 website and looked fine before I added it to Premiere (the video is his, but he does not have the original file anymore)

Playback is fine, however, I've been getting glitches after exporting a video in h.264 1080p, 25FPS, VBR 1 pass.

This only happens in between the cuts. see image below. It's like the frame glitches into one another and only lasts for one frame.

Tried cutting that frame in premiere (which I don't see in the playback by the way), and doesn't change anything either.

Screenshot 2018-10-28 at 22.15.33.png

I tried setting my GPU Playback setting to Open CL, Metal and software only, but nothing works. Also, on another note, I have a CUDA driver and I can't see it as a selection.

I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2019

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Any suggestions? Should I change something in my export settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

If you use optical flow on a 'pre-cut' sequence then you will always get these artifacts: Premiere doesn't know about the cuts in the clip and so will attempt to smooth the outgoing and incoming frames by blending them together, giving you the result you see.

Optical flow is a fantastic tool when used discerningly - you may wish to use it on certain shots by adding edits and then trimming the incoming and outgoing frames of that shot in order to remove the artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you take the downloaded video and add it to Media Encoder and transcode the file to either CineForm or ProRes and then import that file into Premiere Pro and edit that file instead of the .mp4 file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like Optical Flow has been applied to the export. This could have happened on the timeline or on the export settings.

Change the setting shown here to Frame Sampling (if it's not already.) Otherwise right-click on the clip in your sequence and change it there.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I indeed used optical flow in order to smoothen out footage that has been rate stretched on the timeline. Does that mean that I will not be able to use this function because of this? Should I use frame blending or frame sampling instead then?

Will try it out anyways.

Thanks for your tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Averdahl,

trying this now. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use optical flow on a 'pre-cut' sequence then you will always get these artifacts: Premiere doesn't know about the cuts in the clip and so will attempt to smooth the outgoing and incoming frames by blending them together, giving you the result you see.

Optical flow is a fantastic tool when used discerningly - you may wish to use it on certain shots by adding edits and then trimming the incoming and outgoing frames of that shot in order to remove the artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think of that, that's a good point. In any case, that solved my problem! Thanks Mike!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, the optical flow was the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines