• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 buggy with Tangent Wave 2

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've updated from 2021(15.4.3) to 2022 (22.2) and now I'm getting frequent crashes (program unresponsive, spinning blue circle). 

It appears connected to our Tangent Wave 2 control surface for colour grading. 
If I disconnect the Wave 2 control surfave and use the Lumetri Colour panel, it's fine. 

When I have the Wave 2 connected, it works for a while then will crash. 

I saw a weird bug on one clip where each adjustment on the Wave 2 would create a new Lumetri effect in the effects control panel. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just 'cause a Mode is named one thing doesn't mean you need to use it for that ... as you can change the mappings. That's what I've done all along. And the Tangent guys were great help on that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know! Still.. there are far too many modes.. I always have to cycle through all of them if I only need two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could map them like A B A B A B so with every push I get back to the other mapping. But then I would have to replicate every change of a mapped button on all instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that's a pain true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we just found the same issue with te loupedeck when we are colour grading. updated the last version from the loupedeck but that didn't work. when we do the colour grading without the loupedeck there is no problem? is there allready a fix for? 

thnx

Quinten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MediaMogul hasn't replied, so we don't know what or if they are still having problems.

As noted, I'm running both a full Elements and a Ripple, on a desktop and a laptop both PC. The only buggy behavior I get is occasionally after 20-30 minutes of color work, the controls for the Tangent kit stop affecting anything but the transport controls within Premiere. At which point, a save/close Premiere/relaunch works to get me working again.

And this happens once-twice a day.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay folks,

I'm working in a broadcast facility and software changes require tech support with elevated permissions.

Tangent Hub 1.7.0 uninstalled. 

Tangent Hub latest (same version) 1.7.0 downloaded and re-installed. 

2021 project opened and converted to 2022. 

Control Surface checked, device class Tangent Extended, no other available options. 
I start grading the project, about the 6th clip into the timeline, each grade adjustment I make creates a new Lumetri Color effect in the Effects Control panel. 
I think I use the jog wheel and up pops the spinning blue wheel of death. 
Open the same project in 2021, no problem, Tangent Wave 2 and PP work fine. 

I'm sticking with 2021 long term support 15.4.3  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... @TangentWave  ... any ideas?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Media Mogul

We're sorry to hear about the issues you are facing. We have tried to recreate the problem but have had no success so far. Can I please ask if you are running on MacOS or Windows?

Thanks,

- Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, 

Windows 10 Enterprise  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. We've also been testing with Win10.
You mention above that Tangent Extended is selected in the Control Surface Preference dialog and that it's the only available option. If you click on Add then the Device Class Tangent should certainly be available as this is baked into all releases of Premiere. Please can you confirm that this is also the case for you.

Do you have any other control surfaces installed on this machine (even if they have not been Added in the dialog)? We have heard reports that having multiple controllers installed simultaneously can cause crashes. 

Thanks,
- Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, 

Yes, confirming that if we click the Add button, Device Class Tangent is also available. We have only added Tangent Extended. 

We have no other control surfaces. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It's good that Tangent is also shown in the Dialog so that looks correct.
Does the crashing problem also happen with new projects, rather than one carried over from Premiere 2021? We had one report of crashes with a sole project which was updated from 2021 to 2022 but new projects work fine for that user.
If the issue is with all projects then I would suggest trying out the inbuilt Tangent support instead of Tangent Extended. This will lose some functionality such as Audio and Effects but the test would be very useful to identify if the problem lies with either of those extended APIs rather than the Lumetri API.

Thanks

- Andy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, 

I have all above the problems. Tried all the possible solutions but noting worked. Premiere crashes when I use my Ripple. Please look into this problem!

Cheers,

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan
I'm sorry to hear that you're also having this issue. Please can you confirm a few things to help us as we have been unable to recreate the issue ourselves. 

• Which Version and Build of Premiere are you running?
  • Which Version of the Tangent Hub are you using?
  • Are you using the "Tangent Extended" or "Tangent" option in the Control Surface Preferences?
  • Does the crash occur with new projects created in this version of Premiere?
  • Have you applied any Effects (rather than Lumetri controls) in the projects which cause crashes?
  • Is there anything that you can do to consistently recreate a crash?

Answers to these questions may help us to identify the issue and, crucially, recreate the crashes in the lab.
Thanks
- Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Which Version and Build of Premiere are you running?

version 22.2.0 (build 128)

• Which Version of the Tangent Hub are you using?

hub v1.7.0

mapper V2.4.2

• Are you using the "Tangent Extended" or "Tangent" option in the Control Surface Preferences?

used both. Both same problem.

• Does the crash occur with new projects created in this version of Premiere?

new projects 

• Have you applied any Effects (rather than Lumetri controls) in the projects which cause crash

no

• Is there anything that you can do to consistently recreate a crash?

See video attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the information and the video. It was very useful to help us recreate the issue - we were just being too gentle!

We have now managed to cause Premiere to hang as you discovered. This happens even if the panel is never touched and Premiere is only driven from the GUI and computer keyboard. The fault happens whatever type of panel you have configured: Tangent, Tangent Extended, Mackie or EUCON. The hang doesn't seem to happen if no Control Surface is selected.

We will raise this with Adobe engineering as it's clearly an issue inside the Premiere Control Surface support.

Thanks,
- Andy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you are on top of it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Although we can now recreate the issue easily with 22.2.0 (Build 128) we have also just tried Beta 22.4.0 (Build 23) and the problem seems to be absent there. Hopefully, this means that Adobe engineering have already found and fixed the problem.

Cheers,
- Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading the recent comments in this thread, I thought I would just jump in and mention that I am still using the Tangent Wave 2 everyday with Premiere Pro 23.0.0 and it's been fine.
As others have pointed out, it gets a bit confused when you have multiple Lumetri effects. If you select the first Lumetri effect and make an adjustment via the control surface, it will be the last added lumetri effect that is modified.  
I remapped my Wheels to the F1 Lum Basic mode, to avoid unnecessary mode switching. 
I have Show Through Edits and Show Duplicate Frame Markers turned on via the timelime tool menu as good practice for grading. 
If you turn on the timeline video track selections for just the tracks you will be grading, as the play head moves through the sequence the clips on the top layer will be selected. This makes it easy to have one hand on your keyboard ready to paste your base grade (lumetri effect) with Ctrl+V and your other hand on the jog knob of the Wave 2 to jog through the sequence.
An undocumented feature is that you can continue to jog through the timeline during renders.
A few features that are still missing: 
1. Auto correction. Auto correction has got much better in recent PP versions and can now be useful as a starting point for a grade. It would be good to be able to map this to a Wave 2 button. Note that this is not the same as Auto Tone, which is available but produces different results.  
2. The Lumetri Save Preset function does not work. You can map it, it just doesn't do anything.   
3. Having been a colourist on Media Composer / Symphony in a previous life, I really miss the colour correction memories (pictured below). The way they work is that when you have graded your shot, you would hold down the ALT key and select one of the 8 memories. The next time you want to apply that grade, you just press that memory button to recall the grade. Such a time saver! In Premiere, doing a source clip grade can help with multicam edits. Toggling a LUT can help others. For the work I do with mismatched cameras on outdoor field shoots, a copy, paste, tweak workflow works best for me. Premiere allows you to save Lumetri effect presets to your effect panel, but I find this slows me down. I tend to find a similar shot from the same scene / camera / lighting condition and copy & paste that lumetri effect to use as my starting point. If Premiere would allow you to copy all of the lumetri effects on a clip (because often you have a few to correct different elements of the shot) and save them to Avid like clipboard memories... and if Tangent could let us map the memory saves and recalls to our conntrol surface buttons.... game changer.             

Avid.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the added experience and perspective. And maybe we can get them to fix the instances problem so our panels can be used with any selected instances in a stack!

I do as much "bulk" work as possible, the Source application of Lumetri you mention. I'll take a chip chart from the cameras, correct the tonality and hues, save as a preset, then apply to all clips from each camera.

Multicam I correct via application to Source also. Say three cameras. I'll correct the chip charts and apply as Source. Then put a close frame of each camera on a sequence, do any needed shotmatching, then copy each camera's shotmatching and also apply that to all shots of that camera.

I dearly wish we had an ability to 'post's grades from one shot to another. I miss SpeedGrade's numeric shorts ... a positive number 1-9 grabbed the grade from that number of clips later. A - to the number grabbed that number of clips before the selected clip. With up to four clips visible on screen. Ah ...

Any way  that we can get more flexibility for our panels in grading is good. Especially as the Elements can be mapped all over Premiere's controls and effects settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely! Avid Symphony is far superior to Premiere when it comes to colour correction speed. I am missing the ability to click auto exposure or auto white/auto black level via shortcut WITHOUT altering colour as well. Is makes no senst to alter the colour on a shot by shot basis. You do it once per scene then copy it over and then you correct exposure for every shot.. Here is my feature request, feel free to upvote if you like. Shortcut to REPLACE lumetri colour correction prio... - Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines