• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 - Dynamic Link Not working with After Effects

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to PP 22, dynamic link with AE is not working. I've tried going to documents and putting OLD after dynamic link folder, but this did nothing.

This is so disappointing and am actually installing beta versions to finish a project. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

This morning, there was an update to AfterEffects (22.0.1). Since, at this point, we had nothing to lose, we decided to install it and see if anything improved.

Thankfully, it did! Older projects with Dynamic Linked .aep files (which is kind of our bread and butter around here) all worked and rendered out just fine. Some of them took a little longer than others to "find", but they all showed up eventually.

I will grant you we only checked a small snumber of projects - just our latest projects -

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Just an update on our side with regard on this dynamic link problem.

As of now with the latest update PP 22.11 AE 22.11 ME 22.11 , the dynamic link is working properly.

I hope also the lumetri will be fix soon.

Ill update here soon if something wrong comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 283 Replies 283
Guide ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic links created in a new version also don't work. I have a file created with v.22. Everything seems to be fine when you create a link but it goes dowhill when trying to render the seqence or when you open the file after closing the project. Links either don't work or crash Premiere Pro Completely. 

I tired clearing Media Cache for both PP and AE but it did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the After Effects project first. Then open Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it did't work. I posted reply under one of the other posts. The problem in my case was solved temporarily by imporing all comps from differen .aep files into into one file and then importing these into the project. 

I will probably revert to the previous versoin but I had one project file that was created in v.22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any of the users answer my questions???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following advice from @Deleted User I got it to work too. Its not a permanent fix but will get you back to work.

Start after effects 2022 -> Open AE project that cannot be found in premiere.

Once the project is open, only THEN you should open the premrie project and it should be automatically relinked.

however even if you resave and try to open the premrie in other way, the link will be broken. Good to have extra ram on hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm I am also having this issue, installed Premiere Pro on a new MacBook Pro 2021 with M1 Pro Chip a couple of days ago and everytime I try to use Dynamic Link in Premiere it freezes and stops responding... really disappointing,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Dynamic Link problem is observed in Imac users. I UNDERSTAND THAT??? respond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe PLEASE start emailing users when they do something like this. I have wasted HOURS trying to get Premiere Pro 22 to work and now get to redo the project after I uninstall it. Why in god's name would you release a software update so prematurelt that it can't hand BASIC parts of production????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my words. crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Win 10 platform and you will be happy. Now the problem is observed in iMac users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 is even less responsive than Mac for me.  The issue might not be universal, dynamic link is used in many different ways.  But it is clearly a widespread issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue - AE comp loaded into the PR 2022 version are causing PR 2022 to hang so I have to force quit. I am rolling back to AE and PR v15 but this has wasted three hours so far ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same issues. I have spent the day dealing with hangs, freezes, crashes. I finally gave in and rolled back to previous versions. I had 4 videos I updated in the PP V22. As a workaround, I opened them in V22 and exported those timelines as a Final Cut XML. Then reimport them to the previous version of Premiere. Now I am going thru the timeline and re linking AE comps, recreating graphics I created with the Premiere Graphics Panel. Very time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem and should be fixed ASAP. You obviously have alot of users here across computers, OSs, specs, etc. It was working completely fine yesterday in the previous version. Now after an auto-update I have lost almost a day of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good to get the data from the people having trouble with Ae dynamic links. Trying to sort out the possible probables for the problem.

First, on my system, it's working slick. This is a 24-core 3960X Threadripper with a 2080Ti running mostly Nvme and internal SSD drives.

I just took a BRAW clip from my BMPCC4K on a timeline in PrPro V22 ... 22.0.0 (build 169). "Replace with Ae comp" brought up Ae 22 ... 22.0.0 (build 111).

I added a text element, animated it with the CC Bend It effect, and Ae worked as-expected.

Back in Pr, the clip now showed the work of Ae. The timeline was jerky so I hit the Enter key for a render, and it's smooth as silk.

But that clearly is not happening for some of you. So ... more data is more good.

You computer kit as that may be a tiny to major part, no clue ... what OS and hardware do you have?

From the "About" windows, check the version and build numbers, include those.

The media ... what's on the sequence? Very specifically?

Let's see if something shows up regularly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows right?
All the issues are happening on MacOS computers.
Over the last couple of days i've sent tons of crash reports.
Dynamic link error freezes the Premiere and the only way to shut it down is to Force Quit.
Having multiple template Comps from different aep files inserted into Pr project makes it unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add. MBP 16" i9, iOS Monterrey 
All the linked comps are simple graphics, like animated on-screen stickers or subs.

The problem repeats with all the aep comps inserted except the opened in parrallel in AE one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developers need to create an installation separately for each system: Win, Mac, Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues with linking and freezing. I uninstalled the entire Adobe Suite and CC and then did a clean reinstall. Still doesn't work. Apple Retina 5K (2019) iMac, 3.6Ghz i9, 128GB ram, 4TB SSD, Radeon Pro 5700XT 16GB.

Opened the same file son my HP laptop, no problems. Intel i7, 48GB ram, 2TB SSD, 2 TB SSD editing drive, 6GB NVIDIA Quadro 1000 video card. 

What the heck? Looks like I am heading back to the PC camp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yowza!

Please post the information on their UserVoice system. That feeds directly to the engineering team and almost more importantly to the M&E people up above who make decisions based on metrics.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Neil, I have one request for you: help me log into USERVOICE. I don't have a link coming in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround that worked for me, but I lost 2 hours today trying ty find a solution.  Dynamic link problem occurs when more than one .aep file is linked. So in AE I imported compositions from other files that were originally linked to the project and then imported these comps (from a single .aep file) to Premiere Pro.

I am not sure if it will work after closing the project but at least I finally managed to start an export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it was with multiple Ae comps?

I'll try that.

Edit: added a second comp, even closed both apps and relaunched. The PrPro sequence played fine though after I closed Ae I had to re-render the clips.

After closing both and re-opening both, in Ae bringing back the comps, I could make changes and have them track normally in PrPro.

So what the HADES is happening to those systems plagued by this? Dang frustrating.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, multiple AE comps. But it worked only as long as Premiere Pro and the project were open. When I reopened them a few hours later, it could not relink the AE comp automatically and I had to repeat the process described above. 

So there are actually two layers of the problem. 

1. Opening a project with dymamic links - these cannot be relinked automaticlaly. 

2. Adding comps from from different .aep files crahses the software. 

Tested on MacbookPro 15" Late 2016. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines