• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 - Dynamic Link Not working with After Effects

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to PP 22, dynamic link with AE is not working. I've tried going to documents and putting OLD after dynamic link folder, but this did nothing.

This is so disappointing and am actually installing beta versions to finish a project. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

This morning, there was an update to AfterEffects (22.0.1). Since, at this point, we had nothing to lose, we decided to install it and see if anything improved.

Thankfully, it did! Older projects with Dynamic Linked .aep files (which is kind of our bread and butter around here) all worked and rendered out just fine. Some of them took a little longer than others to "find", but they all showed up eventually.

I will grant you we only checked a small snumber of projects - just our latest projects -

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Just an update on our side with regard on this dynamic link problem.

As of now with the latest update PP 22.11 AE 22.11 ME 22.11 , the dynamic link is working properly.

I hope also the lumetri will be fix soon.

Ill update here soon if something wrong comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 283 Replies 283
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did the update fix the playback issue you were experiencing?   There are techniques for adjusting your project file so it will open in previous versions of Premiere, but it would be nice if there was an option to export with greater compatability, but Premiere is an extermely complex program and when you add a feature, it will often create other issues for some users...    I've been doing this for a very long time starting with avid media composer thru apple fcp1-7 before moving to Premiere and there have always been issues with compatabiity and performance with updates...  I certainly understand why you're thinking about moving to another piece of software, but "the grass is always greener..."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their cycle is really at most two releases a year ... a major version, and an update of that version. So it's not like they're rushing out thing after thing really.

Issues like the DL problem with Ae/Pr are really frustrating. Some users have been hammered but their 'fix' was to turn off mult-frame rendering in Ae. Multi-frame rendering in Ae is a new thing which is incredible at speeding up the notoriously long render times for comps. And that has been used by a ton of people in the public beta version for months, it isn't a 'brand new untested' feature.

But for some truly odd reason, in the shipping version for 2022, for some users, that broke the Dynamic Link process. What the ... ? Something that had been working quite well suddenly goes "bloop" on full release. That's frustrating as all get out.

But as noted, Resolve's latest release is the same thing ... most users doing fine, some annoyed but working, some completely fritzed out. I think that when you take something this complex and run it out across all the hardware, media, and workflows out there now ... it's not guaranteed to work. For any app.

So testing a new version before committing paid work to it is more important than ever. I wish it weren't so, but from long experience, I don't trust any new build. From anyone.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, it's not just about mistakes. Here they also write under other topics that these errors are repeated from version to version. Incorrect operation of the dynamic Pr/AE link is a long-standing problem of Adobe. In this update, she finally upset the users. I support them. This is actually not very good for a professional software tool. If we were talking about a first-time error, users could take this into account. But it repeats. That's the reason. We need to make sure that this problem is solved in this update, period. If this problem continues in new releases it will be tragic and sad.
Secondly, this is not the only problem in the new version. There are many of them. That's the big trouble.
Thirdly, about updates: I believe that major updates should be released not once a year, but more often. This will keep the product up to date.
And fourth, you need to listen to users more actively and try to solve problems more quickly, then there will be a good business environment and user recognition as part of your Adobe professional environment. This is my opinion.
With respect to the Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I would necessarily disagree with any of those ... yea.

I've been after them for a number of years with problems of the basic UI design and a few small bugs that are still around years later that affect me. And after them for a number of things that affect other users as noted here.

Many things have been fixed. But they started under the new manager a couple years back with an incredible backlog of unfixed problems, and they've been going through those at a pretty decent clip. That part I'm pleased with.

But as some of the bugs and UI issues that affect me are not affecting large groups of users ... well, those things aren't at the top of the list. But I keep bringing them up, of course. They have gotten to a few small-user issues I'd been haranguing them about, so again ... one is pleased about that.

But this is a huge, complex and complicated app used on the widest array of hardware and media of any NLE out there. I can't see any way to make it bullet-proof for everyone. Not even Resolve has ever been bullet-proof for everyone, and that was far more stable when it was primarily a color app with small capabilities for editing.

Now that they've added a pretty full editing array of tools, and the audio and fx "pages", and been pushing it out across a wider user base ... they're having the same issues. My colorist buds all have long lists of things that haven't been fixed through several versions.

And each time they do a major release, they remap some tools and keyboard shortcuts ... which of course ticks off some users royally. But the app in general is far more capable now than it used to be. As it also has more problems for more users.

That seems inherent in the use of an NLE these days.

I do agree with those who note that Adobe is a truly massive company, and should be able to get enough staffers to fix more things better. I know they have been allowed to hire a few more heads for Premiere, AfterEffects and Me. I think they need a fair number more.

But those decisions ... and even a lot of the decisions about where  the staff they have should devote efforts ... are made well above the program managers. Adobe is a multi-faceted company. One third the products we use. One third the 'document' products. And one third a mega-corp making tools for other mega-corps to do meta-driven study of user/company interactions to be used to determine company everything.

That last group ... the M&E (marketing & experience) group ... is where the ultimate decisions are made. I've been interviewed by some Adobe M&E types about editing & color practices, training, and workflows. And even how motion graphics "technical staffers" ... (?) ... get training and get hired. Very ... interesting experiences.

I'm not sure we users are actually seen as people by that crowd. I'm not sure they see anyone as "people" actually. They're very focused on establishing the tightest, most acccurate set of data-points. Data-points ... metadata, essentially ... is their entire world-view.

I've spent several hours in several detailed interviews by their M&E people at NAB. Fascinating as the experience was, I always walked out feeling very ... odd.

And I'm pretty sure the program managers would like to have the actual full control of the development of their program, rather than being a manager of the program who I think, more advises the managers above them about what they'd like to see happen, than actually makes independent decisions.

But then, to mega-corps upper management, I guess we're all just data-points.

That said, I have had the joy of meeting and working with several of the engineers and managers of the Adobe app programs that attend NAB and MAX. They are wonderful, personable people. Even if some are clearly engineers, and look at how the app should be organized more as an engineer designing the guts of the app, rather than a user actually trying to figure out how to use the blame thing.

So ... data-points. Metadata. That's collected for the M&E folks through their UserVoice portal. It's more important to actually post there than most users realize. And when doing so, post on the queries with a LOT of votes. A few things with big numbers are far more impressive in meta figures than many with a few votes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. I agree that it's not easy. This is a complex system with nuances. The company's engineers naturally make their own decisions and the way of product development. But, nevertheless, as a user of the Premiere product, I also see where it is possible to improve and make a modern product. Therefore, user feedback should work fine here. If the user sees this problem, then it is there. I'm not pointing out minor flaws, but I'm leading on major problems that hinder and prevent you from enjoying the creation of content. That's what I mean. The fact that engineers are working, I admit it and in no case do not despise. But at least the product should get better with each new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, you mentioned the expansion of the staff. Could you find out if there are places in the Premier/AE product support service. I would like to be a part of your team. I wrote a letter to the career support service, but I'm not sure if they will read it or not. I'm on the recommendation of Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither I nor any of the ACPs are staff, we're all volunteers. Just other users like yourself.

The staffers all have Adobe badges.

Adobe lists their job openings online, using various job-listing sites. I've seen the listings for  few jobs posted as people have talked about them, but that's all I would know.

And I do wish the program managers had the final call on what their internal budgets were set to for both fixing things and what they were working on. I think many of us would actually be much happier. From several years of spending time at NAB and MAX with the program staffers, and my time with some of the M&E people, that doesn't seem to be the case. Apparently the M&E folks are pretty much in charge of most of the decisions, with the program managers role being a part of the discussion.

The world of metrics seems to be ruling here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, no problem.

When I've talked with engineers at NAB or MAX about the Dynamic Link issues, they always wince first. And say that's a pretty complex connection, and unfortunately issues on hardware and OS and whatnot can always be a problem.

So they're always working on it, but ... it still has issues for some users. Which is frustrating. And from hanging here for several years, one might be having an issue one build, not for the next four, then back again. Which is ... irritating.

As to the rest ... they do release 'major' patches a couple or three times a year, minor patches in between. But one 'major version' per year. It's their model, and they do include some new features in some patches.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem. I cant get the new AE to conect to Premere or Media Encoder. Its just loads infinitely and never connects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you launch AE first and load the project and then start premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not certain what you mean by "load" the project. I can have them both open at the same time. Im trying to use the "replace with AE composition" thing using an adjustment layer on Premire but that isnt working either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had an exact same problem last night.. This dynamic link issue ruined my whole work time.
But, this morning.. I deleted AE(It was already latest version. Both PP and AE.), re-installed and reboot computer.
First time, It still didn't work. Same error has occurred. But I tried again..with my whole patience.. Then suddenly it works! Holy.. 
I don't know what is exact reason of this focking error, but those who mad at Dynamic Link issue, please try re-install the program and reboot your computer. Hope it works.. and Adobe.. you guys must discount subscription fee unless don't solve these kind of errors.. Ruined my time..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've no clue what the issue is, probably some kind of OS registration issue, or maybe something in the CC Desktop app itself? But yea, repeated uninstallation/reboot/reinstallation does solve some Dynamic Link issues.

And sure wish it was more reliable.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an update on my status on this.

After the AE, PP and ME latest app updates. The AE and ME only work but the dynamic link of the PP is still on its Connecting Project state.

for now will just wait for the next update of PP from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now the problem gets back again, still the dynamic link of the 3 AE PP ME are not connecting they just keep loading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the update doesn’t work, disable Multi-Frame Rendering under Preferences > Memory and Performance. On a Mac, use the toolbar at the top to go to After Effects > Preferences > Memory & Performance. On a PC, it’s under Edit >Preferences > Memory & Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now the old version is not working on our side.

They should have a new fix and update to this dynamic matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE 2021 having problem with the lumetri color effects.

By removing the effect the render got Okay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening AE22 (AE first to solve linking problem) and PP22 as 'administrator' has let me render in PP22 but still not ME22.

Is not a fix but at least I saved redoing all my work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very poor dynamic link performance since PP22.

22.0.1 is still slow to load D links and freezes often. Opening the After Effects project in AE first is a must or the PP won't load AT ALL. 

COME ON ADOBE, this is terrible!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

What's the word on this; has this been fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no difficulty with dynamic communication.
I'm more concerned about interpreting the color through a third-party LUT in the Modify Interpret Footage panel, which still doesn't work. And most importantly, the playback speed of the material on the timeline. For a long time, tired of struggling with the periodic output error when Premiere crashes with an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work panels just work terribly when moving through them. Freezes and slows down. Workspaces are displayed incorrectly. It's horrible. And I've been noticing this for many years. And the most amazing thing is that no one is trying to fix it. Causes disgust from use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, they are trying to fix the workspace sluggishness and several other things there.

The scary part ... there's such a huge difference between what's happening with different machines and users they've having troubles making it go away. As in, do something ... makes it better on X machine, worse on Y ... which ain't really progress.

A couple of the engineers I've talked with about this are at least as frustrated as we users are. Um ... we want them to just know how to make all our troubles disappear ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, I think this will fix the situation when engineers will build for different Win and Mac systems. Drivers for video cards play an important role. I don't feel any progress with the driver from Nvidia Studio. What is the difference with the Nvidia Game Ready driver, I still don't understand. And this affects the stability of the output and the like. Now more and more often Premiere has started to crash when you click on Export to visualize the material. This is where the departure takes place. Unstable product. It is necessary to deal with stability and performance first of all, and then to wind up further. If it doesn't, the Premiere product will be even worse. My opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines