• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 - Import File Window Missing (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, hope you can help me here-

I just upgraded to PP2022/Windows10 on my desktop and laptop. I have experienced this problem on both machines.

Sometimes (not all of the time), when I double click inside my bin or project window to import a new clip the dialog box from Windows fails to show up. What's weird is, Premiere Pro doesn't hang, it's still active and running, it's just that it thinks the File Import dialog box from Windows is ACTIVE, so it won't let me click on anything else.

I tried blind hitting ESC on my keyboardto close out the File Import dialog box. Nothing happens. Same with blind pressing ENTER. No response. I tried doing Alt+Spacebar, then hitting "M" to move the window, but still nothing. I tried the Windows Key+Arrow Keys. Premiere moves around, but it still thinks I'm in this invisible dialog box. I can't canel out, or see the box to import files.

Importing files DOES work, and I have successfully double clicked in the bin to import files, but every now and then it gives me this issue. I have the close Premiere in Task Manager and reboot. Since it thinks a dialog box is open, Premiere doesn't autosave, so this has been fairly disruptive the last few days.

Any ideas? Like I said, this is happening on my laptop and desktop. Both are running Windows 10. I did not have this issue when running Premiere 2021.

Thanks in advance for the help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines