Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024 - Playback is lagging

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Whenever I drop a video or audio file into the premiere timeline and press play, it lags and makes it impossible to work with. I already tried clearing the cache and other stuff I saw on the internet. I even had a adobe agent try to fix it remotely by doing lots of things (among those, installing new drivers for the graphic card) and it keeps happening. Anyone having the same issue?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

An Adobe agent connected remotely and fixed the problem. He touched a few things, but for what I can see maybe the problem was mostly that both video cards were enabled (intel, the one that comes with the computer and the Nvidia).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post comp specs, Premiere version and build.
Also screenshots of MediaInfo info in Treeview on footage used, sequence settings and export settings.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. This has started since the update, and I have tried everything. (In my pc settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as I said, the Premiere Version is the latest Adobe offers (24.2.1 I believe it is). As for my computer:

ASUS Zenbook 15

16GB RAM

512 SSD

Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1050 with Max-Q Design

Intel Core i7-8565u CPU 1.80Ghz 1992 Mhz 4 cores, 8 logical processors

Can't insert a video cause it won't let me upload it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not upload but rather ingest or import.

Users do not always know what the latest update is (hence the question to post version and build).

As for the driver:

If you are using a Nvidia card with the current (551.61) studio driver, roll one driver back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That six year CPU is struggling to be able to simply run the PrPro program at this point. Sadly it will not have much future with a pro level NLE.

And over the last 30+ years, I really don't know how many computers we've gone through.  I have to update my main desktop after a couple years, maybe GPU and drives, and replace it in about four years. That's ... computer Life.

My laptop is now five years old, an Acer Predator Triton, with a 2080Ti. It was a screaming machine in April 2019 when I got it. And actually gets by with Pr 2024. Can't run Resolve 18 worth a hang, so I've deleted that off of it. 

And ... probably this fall, I'll give that to the missus as her laptop is even older/lesser, and I'll get another laptop ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens,

What I meant is that I cannot upload a video showing an example of the problem HERE cause the site won't let me. The problem occurs with any kind of file I import into Premiere, wheter it's a video recorded with my camera, a video downloaded from YouTube etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thanks for your input. Still, I kinda find it hard to believe that from one day to another my CPU suddenly can't handle the video playback in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neill,

Besides, I tried editing in the older versions for Premiere I have, (including the 2019 version) and the problem persists. So I don't believe the problem is the CPU is the issue here. It handles all mof the other Adobe apps perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

An Adobe agent connected remotely and fixed the problem. He touched a few things, but for what I can see maybe the problem was mostly that both video cards were enabled (intel, the one that comes with the computer and the Nvidia).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines