Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.6 will not open with workspaces

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Critical Error 

The latest release of Premiere Pro 22.6 does not open with a workspace. In fact it opens with nothing at all. No windows at all. The Workspaces are all greyed out and you cannot save a new one. Basically this build is a write off.

Windows 10,

RTX 3070,

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz.

64 GB Ram

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been resolved by Adobe?  Was there an updated build?  Seems to be working now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it back!  Still not working properly.  I must have stumbled on a workaround.  I found now that even if I get a recent project to open properly, I can't exit Premiere without the Task Manager!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Michael, the team is working on a fix now. In the meantime, you can roll back to 22.5 if you need to get work done. Let me know if you need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin. Is 22.6 a localized release or has it been released for all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release is rolling out this week. It should arrive shortly for everyone. I'll have to ask for your patience. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Np. Thanks for the update👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing caches and reseting preferences does not have any effect. You can open the windows from the window drop down but its basically a mess and the  resulting layout cannot be saved. All workspaces are grey out so cannot be envoked. This is not an error users can work around.  Quite honestly its baffling it got realeased in this form. Reverting to 22.5 complete with the annoying vignette bug. Ho hum another month with a hobbled system, I  guess thats why we keep paying the big bucks. Sooner or later I suggest we all switch to Da Vinci Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue (Monterey 12.5.1, MacStudio Ultra)

I found that if I create a new project (so I can get all my workspace to show) and then open an older exising project, the old project will open.   As long as you can get your workspace to appear once, it'll work. 

Also, if you save that first 22.6 project and always open that one first - that workaround works too.

Still...  I've gone back to 22.5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelj49631531 stated:  "Incorrect. 22.6 was offered today on Creative Cloud as a regular update."  I only see the update under Beta.  When I am editing in Premiere and select Updates it says that I have the latest version 22.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I have seen this. I thought it was just me! caused so much stress today. I have downloaded 22.5, hopefully that goes back to working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really do not understand how the technical team does not notice such a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Installed 22.6.1 today. 
Premiere opens with a gray screen. Workspaces not available.
My system: 
Win 10 64bit 21H2
RTX 3080
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-core
128GB memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and the solution didn't work.  What the hell is it with Workspaces?  Can't recall which version, but when they changed how were able to customize them some years ago, they have been a CONSTANT headache getting corrupted, so projects get stuck, odd UI weirdness and then garbage like this on a very basic partial update.  How does Adobe not catch this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only "Correct Answer" here should be to roll back to 22.5 and wait for an official fix.  I tried the god aweful workarounds(didn't work), but figured this isn't a major release, and nothing vital was added, and its not a compatibility issue.  Why should any of us waste our time?  Been going through this for as long as PPro has existed.  Its mind boggling Community Managers would suggest anything a workaround or that this even got through with a bug this bad.  Do they even test the resleases on PCs that use custom Workspaces?  Workspace corruption is a constant ordeal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys and girls,

Peoblem solved like this:
No clearing of any cache, just Open PP, New Project (blank). Done, Workspaces are back.

Thx to some dude here, but I just can't find my previous answer thx to this incredibly good user interface here ...

Wow adobe, wow. But I'm stuck with you, well done...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well 26.1 has the very same problem. This is staggering. Open the program load a project and bingo no windows. Make a blank project, try again and it works correctly. How after a few weeks can you release a program with the very same bug.

So we have to start a new project every time we open a project? SERIOUSLY!!!!!

THIS IS AN INSULT TO USERS PAYING FOR THIS SOFTWARE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Christopher,

Sorry! You can leave feedback for the team here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works and is a full workaround

1. Make new empty project and save it.

2. Go to File, Import and select a previous project you wish to open.

3, In the import project dialogue box, select 'entire project'.

4. Project will open properly.

5 Save the current project with a new name

Project will now reopen each time without issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a workaround for 22.6.1 (Build 1)

1. Make new empty project and save it.

2. Go to File, Import and select a previous project you wish to open.

3, In the import project dialogue box, select 'entire project'.

4. Project will open properly.

5 Save the current project with a new name

Project will now reopen each time without issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But..... It doesn't persist through a reboot it would appear. I am in conversation with Adobe and they are zeroing in on a cause and I guess a fix. Sorry for the false hope.

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found one user solved their issue by deleting the Workspaces folder. This generates a new default set of workspaces once Premiere Pro is relaunched. I have seen this work in the past, as well. Back up the folder and store is somewhere for safekeeping before deleting it from the Documents folder.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this issue could be related to ControlSurface folder. Early days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Christopher23854437dpob That's an interesting observation. All our systems that had this issue are running Presonus ioStation24c as control surfaces. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Thanks for the update. I messaged the team about this development. Let the community know how it works out.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thaniks Kevin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines