• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 23.1 performance issues after upgrading (Windows and NVIDIA)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same here 
i have win 11 RTX3070ti 
intel corei7 12gen H
after the update it become slow on work flow going back good option 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what it is, the update or something else, but I can't get my project to load properly. Keep getting error messages and the program freezes up. After like almost twnety attempts, restarting my computer multiple times, freeing up space on my harddrive (because sometimes I'd get a few 'not enough disk space', in amid all the other times it froze), and uninstalling and reinstalling Prem Pro. The program itself now loads quickly, but my project doesn't. I finally got it to load yesterday, but there was some laggness. I saved my work obsessively, but today I'm having the same problem. I checked to see if the programs compatibility with my computer changed, but there are no issues. I usually make longer videos, and whenever I'd get slight issues like this before, the program was always due for an update, and after updating I had no problems at all. I am so frustrated that I can't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just having the same problem. It was super slow. I downgraded and voilá, I have workable software again! It's definitely on the software's side, not pc!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any acknowledgement from Adobe that this problem exists? I'm on PC, previous Premiere Pro worked like a dream, since version 23 I have to keep restarting the project as performance dips the longer the project is open, eventually getting to the point that it's so laggy that it's impossible to work with. It's honestly shocking that this keeps happening and I'd really appreciate something official in a blog post from Adobe to let us know they know the problem exists, and are trying to work on a solution.

I'm on PC by the way, though I see from earlier posts that MAC users are being affected too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a ton of threads on this on this forum ... and in several, staffers have asked about specifics. They've also posted that some issues have been solved (they expect) in the public beta. And from that, it's clear they are aware there are issues like this.

It's frustrating that there's been no 'shipping' release of any fixes. I would recommend installing the public beta and seeing if that runs any better.

The public betas are in the Beta tab of the Creative cloud app. And they can be installed alongside the shipping version. And even better, you can open a project from a 23.x version in the 23.y public beta, see how it works. Close. And go right on working in the shipping version.

Though duplicating a project is never a bad idea. It's also wise to do save-as routinely in general editing to an incremented copy. Simply a fail-safe move.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of this, I got a new PC - i9 13 gen 4090Ti and 64 GB ram. And still sucks. Its a 100% software issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues like this mainly comes from the CPU, or your discs are full and PP is lost.

In my opinion, for those of you with laptops, even the most powerful ones, it's no surprise if you're having issues, these things heat up too much. It's good for smalls FHD YouTube projects you'll have to edit in the train or the plane, but that's it. I'll never understand what's the point with these crazy and super expensive laptop, this is so useless but again, it's my own point of view. For those with a real editing rig, it's a different story.

Also, this is the main reason people are using proxies. PP has been laggy for random reasons since years. So if you don't use proxies, and you are lagging, it's time to give it a try, especially if it's 4K footages.

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Silkr0ad 

Some interesting points, SilkrOad.  

It's really about matching your hardware, be it desktop or laptop, to your workflow and structuring your workflow around formats that are good for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOUND THE FIX!! (performance and playback lag/stutter)

Hey guys I too was facing the same issue after upgrading to windows 11. All you have to do is: 
Go to> Desktop > Right click on START > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Right click on any Driver and click on update Driver
Browse my computer for drivers > Let me choose the drivers from the list... then choose the latest driver available
VOILA!! no more lag. No more downgrade.
 You can try the method with Premiere pro in the background. 

My device specs:
Acer Nitro 5 
AMD Ryzen 5
8 GB RAM 
4 GB graphics card.

HOPE IT HELPED 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. Yesterday it was smooth sailing, today it was unuseable. Luckily a downgrade to 24.0 fixed the issue without version problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines