• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 - AVCHD no audio

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the 2018 version and when importing AVCHD clips (via media browser) no audio tracks where recognized.

In the 2017 version (runs parallel) the import works without any problems.

As with the latest updates, there is also the problem that when opening projects of the previous version the AVCHD clips are all offline.

The old tried and tested tricks like delete mediacache, rename clip folders and rename common folders do not work.

I can re-link the clips, but then get the error message that the audio tracks are faulty and can not be imported.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Adobe Creative Cloud has moved to native Operating System (OS) support for Dolby Digital decoding (reading Dolby files) and is no longer providing support for encoding (writing) Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus sound formats in the current and future releases of Creative Cloud.

Dolby audio decoding

Both Windows and OS X operating systems (Windows 8.1 or above and Mac OS X .11 or above) contain native support for Dolby decoding functions. Please update to the latest version of your operating sy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's real simple - Adobe has customers paying a license to use a specific feature set of tools.

When Adobe suddenly makes a change to those tools relied on by their customers, then Adobe needs to explain why they have made the sudden change/removal of a tool.

This is getting to be a bad pattern in the Adobe infrastructure:

- Speedgrade gone - Lumetri is no where close to being capable of what Speedgrade could do for color grading

- Dolby encoding gone

- Story going away

And did anyone see any reduction in the license cost for reduced tool set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the real solution: NO SOUND In Premiere CC 2018 - Fixed QUICKLY - Thanks GOD - premiere not importing audio - YouTube

Quit Premiere. Rename the adobe/Common directory in your library. Premiere will build a new common directory. Works on Mac too. We just tested this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second video has audio on import all he has do is source patching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for anyone who has been through the steps provided by adobe after removing the native Dolby codec, and still have had no luck in having the sound file reappeqring on mts files I would advise against converting the entire video file due to the time taken to do this. Instead use VLC to convert the file to a lossless audio file of the same sample and bitrate of the original audio (there are tutorials to do this), import the audio into premiere and then merge the video and audio into one clip...i found this to be the easiest and quickest work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but this is absolutely NOT the easiest and quickest work around! Merging video and audio for each individual clip, in a project where you might have tens of different clips, is simply not practical.

I am going to offer my own solution, which is still not ideal but is better than being forced to upgrade to Windows 10, or being unable to update Premiere forever...

Load the clips (MTS in my case) into Avidemux (free), leave the Video option as "Copy" (for quick and lossless conversion) and change the Audio to a different format. I chose MP3 but there are many others which Premiere will happily work with.

Then change the output format to MKV and save. Do this for all clips in your project folder, it doesn't take long at all (a 40 minute, 1.9 GB MTS file takes about a minute to convert on my machine). Then move or delete the original MTS clips from the project folder.

Next time you open the project in PP 2018, it will prompt you to locate the missing files. Assign each missing MTS file to the newly created MKV version and you're done. Sound is back on and your projects need no modification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friend, I had several times this type of problem, in my case I had problems with recordings of long durations and more than one camera, and when I was in the middle of the editions one of the files started reproducing an audio that was not his, I found strange what happened and I discovered that it took the same audio from a file that contained the same name, and Premiere had to get confused in the encodings and mixed the audios. To solve it was easy, just renamed the files I had problem, I expected it to appear as '' Offline '' in Premiere, and I sent '' Locate media '', problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. I ran into a similar problem with a mutlicamera project, where one of the cameras is a Panasonic GH2 that saves in MTS format. I imported it into Premiere with a proxy, and sure enough, the proxy's audio would go waay out of sync. (Using originals gave me decent audio.)

Not a huge problem, and I found that creating copies of the originals and importing _those_ with proxies seemed to work. So maybe the name issue's at work here, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you still struggling with this, I found a solution for me in a different thread. In Mac system preferences, go into the Perian Preferences Pane, and uninstall it. It's a Quicktime plugin that is no longer supported. That fixed AVCHD/MTS audio import issues for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me perfectly was this: I downloaded the free HandBrake program. It is a file converter. I converted the .MTS files to MP4 very easily in this program. And now I have the audios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Gabriel but I think you are missing the point here. We are looking for a solution that will avoid re-encoding the files and losing quality. MP4 in particular is a majorly lossy format so I would definitely not recommend that. Besides, some people (like myself) have hundreds of hours of footage that would need to be converted, so that's simply not an option.

If you are going to convert files one by one, I have already posted a solution that works better: using Avidemux to only re-encode the sound track as MP3 and remux it with the original video. You will lose sound quality, but at least video quality is preserved.

The real solution has to come from Adobe, but I think it's become clear that they don't have their customers' interest at heart so they are not going to fix this any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fellow's solution worked for me: missing dolby audio decoder premiere pro cc 2018-2019 - YouTube

I am using windows 7 and I find it very unacceptable that software companies are trying to force us to upgrade to new operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "solution" is using a pirated copy of a third-party plugin coming from unknown origin, downloaded illegally via a random link from an unauthenticated file repository... Definitely not recommended (or safe)!

Regarding still using Windows 7, are you aware that it will reach end-of-life and become unsupported by Microsoft (i.e., no further updates or security patches) in January?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thank you very much for that information. I did not realize it was

pirated software. I did know about support ending for Windows 7 however.

Thanks again for taking the time to inform me.

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 11:22 AM ProDesignTools <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines