• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 - AVCHD no audio

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the 2018 version and when importing AVCHD clips (via media browser) no audio tracks where recognized.

In the 2017 version (runs parallel) the import works without any problems.

As with the latest updates, there is also the problem that when opening projects of the previous version the AVCHD clips are all offline.

The old tried and tested tricks like delete mediacache, rename clip folders and rename common folders do not work.

I can re-link the clips, but then get the error message that the audio tracks are faulty and can not be imported.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Adobe Creative Cloud has moved to native Operating System (OS) support for Dolby Digital decoding (reading Dolby files) and is no longer providing support for encoding (writing) Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus sound formats in the current and future releases of Creative Cloud.

Dolby audio decoding

Both Windows and OS X operating systems (Windows 8.1 or above and Mac OS X .11 or above) contain native support for Dolby decoding functions. Please update to the latest version of your operating sy

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich habe folgendes Problem. Ich musste meinen Rechner Win 10 Pro neinstallieren und musste jetzt feststellen, das der Ton stottert und es ist auch eigentlich mit einem Camcorder der ein 5.1 Audio ausgibt. Diese Audiospur ist leider auch nicht vorhanden. Was muss ich machen, damit der Ton nicht mehr stottert und die 5.1 Audiospuren wieder sicht bar sind.

Habe auch die zwei Servicepacks die ich hier gefunden (Premiere Pro CC 2018 - AVCHD no audio) habe, installiert, aber das Problem ist noch da...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should support the formats and not leave clients/users out in the cold or force them to pay Microsoft more money if they want something to work. This format worked in PP and suddenly, not any more. Awful! Clients are already pouring lots of money into Adobe's coffers so they should have more than enough resources to support formats users need. Client now pay more, but get less. That's what it comes to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not necessarily. Nobody outside the companies involved really has any idea what happened in this case.

Adobe was a licensee from a third-party (Dolby), who ultimately controls the use of their technology. What took place here with a sudden drop in support was highly exceptional, and so likely not foreseen... In all other cases where the system requirements have changed, Adobe typically publishes widely-available notice well in advance.

By contrast, Adobe having to pull the Dolby codec out of their products at the last minute gave the impression of being unexpected.

And nobody inside either company seems able to talk about it, which could well be for legal reasons.

In other words, we can only speculate on what might have happened, or who was behind the way it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does this ongoing. They disable the GPU or hardware acceleration on apps unless you upgrade your OS like they did on illustrator. You were grooving along, and suddenly, 'upgrade your OS, or kiss hardware acceleration goodbye'. I have no love for Microsoft, but I strongly doubt they twisted Adobe's arm into not supporting formats/hardware to force an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with Microsoft. (nor Apple)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DesignTools   Looks like you do have some inside knowledge on why Adobe won't supply codecs to work with footage that they supported previously. I already tried two competitors to Adobe and both support the codec on the operating system indicated. I am hard pressed to believe that a vast, powerful, multi-billion dollar entity like Adobe is far too weak to support one lousy codec that will make the users' lives easier. The only one I see benefiting from upgrades to use all the features client pay for is Microsoft. Follow the trail of 'who benefits' and you get close to the answer. But I am not an insider like you. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No inside knowledge on this at all. Please read your own post again, and then post #42 above again, and then use logic. Because Adobe does not control the use of Dolby's technology, and because of the sudden & abrupt manner in which the removal happened, and because Adobe would not be likely to drop something like that intentionally just to save a few bucks, there's only one logical conclusion.

The likelihood of "a vast, powerful, multi-billion dollar entity like Adobe [being] far too weak to support one lousy codec that will make the users' lives easier," as you say, seems remote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just circling back to report that I worked through Adobe Customer Care to have them re-install 2017.  So far, that seems to be working.  They believe the problem is not in Premiere 2018, but in my footage, since 2018 no longer supports Dolby codec.   I asked the tech who was helping me whether they planned to make it possible to continue using AVCHD footage in Premiere in the future and he said he didn't know. So for now, I am going to hold onto 2017 for as long as possible to edit what are now all my legacy projects shot on my Sony. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

The out of sync issue is not consistent. I created new project, cleared cache and so on. The biggest problem for me is that with the same camera and setting one clip is out of sync and the other is fine. Here below is the info of my .mts clip I have out of sync problem. When I play that clip in VLC player is fine. When I import into Premiere 2018 it's get out of sync.

out of sync.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got their AVCHD (.mts) audio to work since the upgrade? Also has anyone experienced audio issues with XAVCHD (.mxf) files as well? We work exclusively in these file formats and don’t want to upgrade before I know the potential pitfalls (and a bit worried the Adobe technician didn’t know if any action will be taken to solve the problems to ensure these formats will work natively...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... I am on Windows 10 Pro as well. It's suppose to work fine with my version of Windows...Tech Support has not emailed me back after I've sent them sample files.

I am currently running Premiere Pro CC 2017 to work on my files. I still have Premiere Pro CC 2018 installed and I've tried re-installing Windows media package to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that just .mts or both .mts and .mxf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SWMP, Your OS is Windows?, In my case I have W10, when I imported AVCHD (MTS/AC3) Premiere informed that there isn´t Dolby codec, when accept (Click on buttom) it will install the codec. And works!!!

But others users, say me thats no works for they...But, they aren´t admins, is necessary switch to admin user, open Premiere, Import the conflict media and accept install the codec. When switch to normal user, Premiere works without problems.

Please testing that.. WORKS FOR ME!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply: That does not work any more, as Adobe removed Dolby Codec also from 2017-Version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7 in a windows 7 only environment. I'm just wondering what Adobe was thinking... AVCHD is a pretty common format... why release your platform knowing it's going to kill so many users projects.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may not have had any choice.

Neither Adobe or Dolby is saying what happened (perhaps legally restricted), but it has the hallmarks of a licensing dispute. So us trying to guess what went down is speculation.

All we can say for sure is that this is highly unusual for Adobe – whenever in the past there has been a significant change in platform requirements or functionality, the company has always given plenty of notice well in advance. So, something very exceptional must have transpired for things to happen the way they did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this problem been solved yet?  I still have Windows 7 and CC 2017.  I am reluctant to upgrade either one, especially Windows, due to problems experienced in the past.  Plus, I just don't like Windows 10 at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wont fix this for you, your only option is to upgrade to W8 or W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. I was using Windows 7 and PP 2017, mainly because PP 2018 wasn't dealing with my MTS files at all. Neither the audio nor the video would display. I tried the various fixes under Windows 7, with no luck.

So, I just upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Opened my project in PP 2018... and yes, the MTS files are still "media missing." Emptied my cache. Tried re-importing the files. No luck at all.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste them to a different location and import into a new project.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this thread and see if any of the solutions posted there will work for you:

Dolby Codec Missing in CC 2018, MTS/AC3 No Audio

(read through all suggestions both pages of the thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally frustrated. For most of the past 7 years I have used Adobe, and for 10 years prior to that, Avid. I have some very long-term feature-length docs. I upgraded to High Sierra like an idiot. High Sierra doesn't recognize any of my many .mts files. I was also an idiot for upgrading to Premiere 2018. I've lost a huge amount of edit time now. What do I do? Adobe really upset me when I finally got someone on the phone. They simply blamed the Apple OS. I can't find an answer anywhere. If I go back to "Sierra", do I lose everything on my main drive? I've never done that. I'm completely at a loss and I've spent days reading discussion boards. There are literally thousands of editors who are having this problem and Adobe doesn't seem to understand this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear of your troubles. If you're running CC 2018 and the latest version of macOS, and still can't use Dolby decoding, did you try all the suggestions given at the top of this thread – such as cleaning your media cache, as well as renaming and reimporting your MTS files, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to a bug in CC2018 when opening a Sequence in the Source i installed CC2017 so i could continue in CC2017 but all AVCHD imports without audio despite that i am using Windows 10, v1709.

What a disappointment, despite being on a supported OS CC2017 import my files without audio and i cannot continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Averdahl,

If you downloaded Premiere Pro CC 2017 recently, then Adobe had to remove the Dolby codec and republish their installer without it – so it is no longer present there.

And CC 2017 will not use the Windows/Mac operating system support; only CC 2018 will.

But Premiere Pro CC 2018 just received an update last week to version 12.0.1 – perhaps that might address any issue that you had?

New features summary for the January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines