• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i have updated the last version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 on my laptop last week, I'm no able to start anymore the application as the following notification window error pops-up:

THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY (0xc0000005). CLICK OK TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION

I am kindly asking help to solved this issue because I've been searching this issue on the web and you tube with no possible solution till now

I thank you in advance

Best regards

Logan

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience. A bug is filed and the issue is under investigation.

Currently, the known workarounds are:

1. If the system is configured with Nvidia card, disable it.

Steps: Go to Device Manager > Display Adapters.

Right click on Nvidia and disable it.

Once done, try to launch Premiere Pro.

2. Revert back to previous version of Premiere Pro.

Steps: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

each month we pay for an update for a working version, so make sure that it works also with a NVIDIA card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand what is labeled as correct response.  The original question has nothing to do with Nividia.  I am getting the error message in original post creativecloud.exe  was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005 .  Some forum strings say this is a known issue and some go back to April.  Is CreativeCloud no longer necessary for Photoshop CC to function correctly?  I am unable to install (repair) Creative Cloud nor delete.  Is the best solution just to ignore the popup that CreativeCloud did not load correctly.  If Creative Cloud just unnecessary for Photoshop any longer  it would be great if there was a way to get rid of the popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same  problem for months. I tried every possible solution but to no avail... Finally, what worked for me is that I had windows 7 OS and I upgraded it to windows 8.1. Keep in mind that I did a clean update i. e. I formatted the C drive before installing windows 8.1 (I also converted my MBR type hard disk to GPT, but I don't think that was the reason my premiere pro worked). I updated every single driver (I tried to download each of the drivers manually but some of the drivers couldn't install, I then used the app "driver booster free" to update all the drivers)... and after restarting and then installing premiere pro cc, it worked fine without me having to disable my Nvidia graphics card    

I found this answer after about 3 months of trying, I hope it helps you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem. Turns out it was Windows Ransomware protection. I turned that shit on a few days ago and I've had only problems with it since. Disabling it or adding an exception to the Adobe Media Encoder executable fixed the issue!

Hope this helps anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! - I disable my Nvidea graphic card and CC ran. Have this issue been resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines