• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC and Burn In Timecode/Source Name

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Premiere really not allow for burn-in source names?

Client wants burn-in source timecode, files names and record timecode, among other things.

It's looking like I will have to individually apply timecode to each clip for the source timecode. However, there are a lot of clips that have been resized and have motion, which moves the timecode around. It seems like I have to key frame the source timecode so it stays in one place. Isn't there an easier way to do this? I can't imagine this is the only way to go about it. Burn-in source timecode and file names is a common request.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Apply the Clip Name effect to your transparent video layer and direct it to the source clips.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they want the source timecode on each shot you used in the cut they'll be watching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And source names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think I solved the source timecode movement.

Using transparent video, I was able to apply timecode and direct the source track to determine which clip I'm using. My timecode is locked in place because there's no movement on the transparent video. Problem solved.

However, I'm still inquiring about burn-in source names. Shouldn't there be an option for this? Or do I have to go back through and apply a title card for each one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply the Clip Name effect to your transparent video layer and direct it to the source clips.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! Had no idea that was an effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Apply the Clip Name effect to your transparent video layer and direct it to the source clips."

Is this new for CC?

Is there any way to do this in CS6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how do you direct the source track to the transparent layer? I have not been able to find a way to get source timecode for each clip/shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you drag the "Clip name" effect onto a clip, the effect controls window will have a source track control

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about trying the Overlay settings under the Wrench tool icon...in combination with a really nice screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the Settings panel for Overlays...if Transmit means export, it may stick that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GarrettAEvans wrote:

...if Transmit means export, it may stick that way.

It does not, it won't.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Clip Name Effect only includes video tracks - is there a way to display Audio Clip names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also looking for a solution for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using a transparent video layer (or adjustment layer). Drop the "Metadata & Timecode Burn-in" effect on it. It will let you do up to 5 lines of data. I just found this page, but ended up using that effect so I could label two seperate clips in a frame with both file name and source timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines