• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc crashes when adding adjustment layer

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime when adding a new adjustment layer to my timebar, premiere pro UI freezes. It is just a clean adjustment layer, without any effects or color correction.

I tried a clean install and an older version of premiere pro, without any luck. Does somebody know what I am doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

I don't know why, but I can't reproduce the problem anymore. So it looks like its fixed. Thank you for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's get your information here ... as to:

OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM .... the type and source of the media you're editing, and any effects or third party plugins used on that sequence.

How did you uninstall? By your system uninstall, by the CC Desktop uninstall routine, or by the Adobe CC Cleaner tool?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIndows 10 64bit , i7-7700k, 16gb, gtx1080 8gb.

It is just 4k mavic pro footage. Also tried some other 1080p footage from other devices, but still te same. I have no third party plugins used or installed.

Uninstall via de adobe creative cloud launcher.. That's right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is just 4k mavic pro footage.

Figures. Do you know, is that H.264 or HEVC?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try working through the troubleshooter.  Maybe something will help.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tangoors,

I am sorry that you are facing this annoying issue. Please share more details & I will try to help.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Try these steps & let me know if that helps:

Open your project, click on File > Project settings > General and change video renderer to 'Software Only Mode' and delete previews.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how frustrating that sort of thing can be, so I'd like to help debug if possible. Is it freezing indefinitely or is it actually crashing at some point? If it's ending with a crash, then you should be able to get a crashlog for it and attach that, which will have details about where the crash is happening in the code. Those instructions are for win 7, but as long as you can get to the event viewer, it should be essentially the same steps from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why, but I can't reproduce the problem anymore. So it looks like its fixed. Thank you for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just when the cavalry arrives, the problem runs & hides ... typical, you know?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am facing the exact same problem. Premiere Pro CC becomes unresponsive as soon as I add the adjustment layer to the timeline.
It gets back to normal as soon as I remove the adjustment layer from the project. I am on i7-7700, 24 GB ram, Nvidia 1050GTXTi, The Premiere is the latest of course.

Also the fans are spinning really intensive as the Premiere is running with the adjustment layer.

The timeline is completely frozen. The timeline's playhead can only be moved from the Program monitor, by moving the playhead of the Program monitor.

So, Premiere does not crash. It's functioning, except for the timeline.

My footage is out of Panasonic GH4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you're on 2018 PrPro apparently.

When you create a new project, does it do this? Or is it within the project you're currently working?

Which media format do you create in the GH4? Does this happen if you change to a different format in camera?

Does it happen if you have a clip from any other camera?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old forum now - but i am now running into the same problem. i am on an HP z2 (core i7 10700, 32gb ram, quadro rtx6000 24gb) and as soon as i try to render any kind of adjustment layer it freezes indefinitely. using .mp4 footage from a canon eos m50 mark II. help??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "render", are you talking about rendering effects in your timeline, or are you talking about exporting a file using the Export Media dialog or the Adobe Media Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Come on, Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a five year old thread, and in that time ... what, 13 posts, half of them questions/troubleshooting offers?

So it's rather an isolated problem. Which leads us directly to what you didn't provide, which is any data to help us sort out what's happening on your rig.

Because it ain't doing this for most others. Troubleshooting 101 requires data on all sorts of things in order to attempt to suss out the cause of any particular problem.

OS/RAM/GPU/vRAM, drive types on your system, the media involved, ALL effects used in both clips and the AL ... that's a start.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines