• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashes when typing "fi"

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been working with Premiere Pro and came across a problem. I was using the text tool in essential graphics but when I type "fi" the application crashes. I have tried a few times and this keeps on happening. I can type any other set of letters but when I put 'f' and 'i' next to each other, the application always crashes. Is there anything I can do to fix this? (I am using Premiere Pro 2023 on a MacBook Pro (Ventura 13.0))

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

This has come up a few times. It seems to affect some fonts but not others. For example Lucida Grande seems to exhibit this behavior, but Lucida Sans Unicode apparently doesn't, ...if possible, try using a different font.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has come up a few times. It seems to affect some fonts but not others. For example Lucida Grande seems to exhibit this behavior, but Lucida Sans Unicode apparently doesn't, ...if possible, try using a different font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The f and i in some fonts is a "ligature" - the two separate characters are combined into one. (There are other combinations as well.)

If you want that, we can explore further. If not, see my post here (and the 2 posts before it):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adding-caption-crash-premiere/m-p/13071437#M...

I think the crash is an issue only for Macs?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue too. It's not crashing my application but the moment I type in "fi" it becomes the letter c. I am using roboto bold. When I change it from bold to another weight, the letters return to "fi" as I typed them. I have to use this font in this weight, so I'm not sure what else to do besides restart the application hope for the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't replicate it. The f and i create the ligature if I have it turned on; with ligature off, just plain f and i. But no c!

Corrupt font? Keyboard app that is set for inputting special characters? I can't imagine!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines