• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashing. Force Quit window opening. Run out of application memory.

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't export my timeline anymore. I keep getting this error message after like an hour of exporting. It keeps saying The Force Quit Applications window pops open and says "Your system has run out of memory" and that Adobe Premiere is (paused).

I'm using Lumetri and also the third part app Twixtor on some of the clips.

Also this might be another clue as to the problem:

I also had errors in my timeline. A sequence just completely stopped playing. Even if I copied and pasted it into the middle of my film (where the sequence belongs), the entire film would play but ultimately stop playing when it reached that part. I rectified this by going to each clip individually, and making a slight opacity change then back,  to cause it to turn red in need of a re render. Once I rerendered, it played just fine.

I'm running a Mac Pro (late 2013) trash can, 64gb ram, 2.7 ghz 12 core, intel, xeon 5, AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

(I realize when I opened my system settings, that my ram was listed as only 48 GB 1866 MHz DDR3. I cleaned it a month ago so I'll reinsert the ram and try to export again, don't think that would because this to be the issue do you?)

Also I was running the latest Premiere Pro 11.1.2 so I tried to reinstall 11.1.1 but that isn't working either.

IMG_5980.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that your System is mis-reading the amount of RAM it has installed is a pretty big red flag. There could be something corrupt with the RAM. Could be a simple fix of pull them out, blowing a bit and sticking them back in, or it could be something else. Is this third party RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the RAM isn't third party. I bought the full 64gb when the new Mac Pro came out. Do you thing since I've reseated it, and it now says 64gb instead of 48 that it's fine now? (I don't think this is the culprit anymore since it crashed on my MacBook Pro as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you've identified a clip that has caused other problems in your sequence, I'd suggest deleting it, saving your project as a new file and then try export. See if it manages to complete without the file.

I've seen problems with a single file causing he whole project to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean actually it wasn't specific clip. It was a specific sequence. For instance, in my film there are 10 scenes. These are 10 separate sequences which I then copy and paste into the main film sequence. I noticed one was giving me trouble and wouldn't play both in the main film sequence and also it's own sequence. Then I made those changes I mentioned to force it to be in need of a rerender and now they work. Pretty annoying to be honest. But after rereading your post, it's not a single file or clip that I can identify as the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frustrating, but glad you managed to make it work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of your answers make perfect sense I will try these and report back.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I went, reseated my ram and it now reads correctly as 64gb of ram. That problem is fixed.

I also reinstalled OSX.

I tried to export again over night and woke up to another Force Quit Ram problem:IMG_5986.JPG

I also realize that it's just slow exporting in general, the estimated time remaining always starts off low but slows and slows.

So before I try Dean's suggestion of deleting the problem portion in question (which isn't a problem any longer), I've decided to copy the sequence, then remove all instances of the third party plug in Twixtor to identify that it's Premiere Pro specific.

Also not sure if this matters but my timeline is 1080 and has a good mix of HD and 4k footage. The 4k stuff is scaled down, or used for zooms, repositioning, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a new approach,

I opened the session up on my new Macbook Pro. It loaded and played just fine. But it completely crashed on export.

I also removed all the Twixtor files to see if that was the cause. It wasn't...

I'm going to try Dean's idea today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines