• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS4 4.1.0 is live

New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is now available via AUM, and will be available soon on the Adobe.com updates page. The readme will also be posted at http://www.adobe.com/go/pr_readme_en, but until then, here's the info on the release (multi-lingual readme is also attached):

New in this release

• Additional support for REDCODE (please visit RED support for additional details).
  • Performance improvements to project load time.
  • Improvements to AVCHD support.
  • Performance enhancements for DV/HDV playback.
  • Support for Avid captured DV or IMX footage. (Please see www.adobe.com/go/kb409079 for additional information).
  • Export media to a still format now bypasses the AME render queue.
  • Enabled .VOB extension support.
  • Third-party support

Notable fixes

• All clips in last active sequence are no longer redbar when reopening project (#2278647)
  • Boris FX can get the clip dimensions for their filter setup dialog (#2274629)
  • CTRL+M is now the default shortcut for File‐>Export‐>Media (#2277908)
  • A bug that caused green frames in clips with 100% reverse speed applied has been fixed. (#2263918)
  • The last few frames of a time remapped clip are no longer rendered green (#2278907)
  • Adobe Premiere Pro can now open projects created in Adobe Premiere Elements 7. (#2267281)
  • ’Scale to Framesize’ on a clip in a sequence of matching frame size and PAR no longer causes the timeline to require rendering. (#2278908)
  • A bug that caused corruption in exported TIFF files has been fixed. (#252497)
  • Several issues with Adobe After Effects Filters and Track Mattes have been fixed. (#1882807,
  • #1876369)
  • Performance improvements have been made to Direct Manipulation (#2260316)
  • AVCHD 720p 30p are now imported correctly. (#2269541)
  • Relinking XDCAM EX clips that have been moved to a new directory is now more intuitive.
  • (#2272122)
  • A bug that caused fields to be reversed when rendering speed change on upper field first footage has been fixed. (#2260314)
  • A user can now copy and paste R3D footage from Adobe After Effects to Adobe Premiere Pro. (#1931580)
  • Several issues with effects that use track inputs, when the input track is a still have been fixed. (#2263816)
  • Playback performance of ProRes clips has been improved. (#2261047)
  • Playback performance of h.264 clips has been improved. (#1824690)
  • XDCAM EX clips no longer play one only audio track in the Source panel (#1929452)
  • A playback issue with Panasonic AG‐HMC150 recorded progressive AVCHD clips no longer causes application freeze (#2268148)
  • Blackmagic can now display titler output on external monitor (#2286733)
  • If a mapped drive is defined as the user folder for a roaming profile, Adobe Premiere Pro no longer crashes when attempting to write to the drive (#2291950)

Known issues

• Progressive 720 Sony AVCHD media files show an interlaced frame rate in Media Browser and Metadata panel.
  • AVCHD 1080p 30 and 25 progressive clips are interpreted as interlaced files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 projects.
  • If the work area end position is greater than the last frame of the last clip in sequence, then entire sequence is exported instead of work area.
  • Setting sequence-marks stops playback if the multi-camera monitor is open.
  • When importing QuickTime clips in AME’s batch queue for export, certain types of metadata (such as timecode) will not be propagated to newly generated clips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vista Ultimate x64 here, and yes, the SP2 update solves a lot of problems for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new update took away MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 support.

I was working on a project for a client but he he gave me .m2v and .ac3 files.  I loaded them up into Premiere Pro CS4 and edited the files perfectly.  After the update, I opened my project file and now everything is offline.  If I try importing .m2v, .ac3, or .VOB files, Premiere Pro rejects them and gives me an error message of "file not supported".

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

PS, I'm editing on an Intel-Mac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I'm having the same problem.  Most of my footage is in MPEG format, and none of it works anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem with importing AVCHD files with the new 4.1.0  Doesn't recognize them as being supported by Premiere Pro 4.1.  I thought 4.1 was going to make AVCHD files better.  Now i can't use them at all.  I sent adobe a message through their portal yesterday morning at 7:30 and no response yet.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on a paid version - not trial? Assuming yes.

Also, make sure you have quicktime installed as well (the free version should work). That cleared up a few issues for me reccognizing h.264-based files.

The other thing I did was install Cineform Prospect HD Trial - never opened the file, but installed necessary codec for some legacy projects I had using HDV files. Give it a try - won't cost you anything (except all your valuable time trying work around this fun mess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines