• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 Constantly Crashing

Explorer ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the worst time using Premiere Pro CS6.  The program is constantly crashing, saying it has encountered a serious error and has to close.  This is happening during the most basic operations like scrubbing the timeline or pressing play.  I am using footage strait from my Canon 7D (h.264) with no effects or filters.  I have all the latest updates to the software and my computer.  No other programs are open during these errors.  I'm using a 2011 MacBook Pro i7 8GB RAM with AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB and OSX 10.7.4. 

I wanted this to be an alternative to FCP 7, but so far it is not working out.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that processes with the same name or process id tend to crash on both win and mac systems lately when multiple instances are called from "protected" memory.  It's a virus protection mechanism that prevents filling memory with random data to overflow it.  I've seen duplicates of dynamic link engine show up on mac in activity monitor.  When they have similar id-tags or similar memory counts, crash.  I've seen some other programs do the same.  There has to be a problem with the way the memory is being handled, or the way the program asks for memory from the system.

I am starting to think that SAAS is not the way to go for operating systems... ...Back when you had to sell the product in a solid form, you had to provide quality, now all you have to do is reply with a, "keep your subscription current, as we're working on a repair for this in an update," while you leave them hanging until you rewrite the whole GUI before you even get to the main problem.  With a hard product, you've bought something with embedded information in a hard copy form that can be tested and retested in legal form, and then you have recourse.  With SAAS, you "Digitally" sign a document handing over everything but your first born child, then you get hassled, and when you imply legal action for failure to service, they throw it all back at you and say they never agreed to any kind of service.  Ultimately you're at the mercy of what they call a "Reasonable update schedule", which basically means you pay for the service, then they choose when you get any.

With CS6 I'm starting to wonder also if recent updates didn't build in a few bugs in order to force the upgrade to CC, another SAAS model.  I don't like SAAS, I like the software I was already doing well with.  I don't mind end of life for updates, as long as you provide the list of file format compatibility, so I can make proper arrangements with my encoders.  That's no issue.  Ingesting is always a first step.  Love the software, but hate CC SAAS.  IT's buggy, and reworking it over and over to remove a bug on one system while not creating one on another system is tough enough without having to make sure that the Web function is built.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It always seems to crash at the most inopportune times and then you lose everything you'd worked on. For me it crashes when I copy and paste multiple clips on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem seems only to occur on mac systems running 10.8 and above.  Some 10.8 systems don't crash, they simply freeze until you close all instances of media encoder from the process monitor.  Some actually work, and the only real difference is that they are running the programs in 32bit mode, with a hack-rosetta install.  CS6 must look for the instance of the encoder by a 32bit call, perhaps in the old style, that isn't compatible with the new software.  Where's Steve?  Rolling in his grave while his ghost is upstairs jumping up and down and screaming down "Somebody shoot these morons they put in charge of my company!  I'll get you a nice place up here if you just stop the madness!"  He wouldn't have stood for grabbing at a strict 64 bit kernel without some backward compatibility.  10.8 and above, you're stuck with one clip at a time, and you're probably going to get a few crashes besides.  Check your systems process monitor (Activity monitor).  Some premiere resources and AME resources show up twice as different processes that stop responding.  With a single instance, everything runs smooth.  But they cannot find each other in memory, so multiple clip types will call different instances, and multiple clips of similar type will probably do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines