Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 on Win10 64 Hangs everytime I try to export please help

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Everytime I click file to go to export a film my Premiere Pro CS6 it hangs, then I have to wait and hover the mouse on file, and it opens the menu.  Then click export and wait, and evetually it opens and I can export.

Otherwise it keeps not responding micro crashing and then responding.  Once I get into export it works fine.  Editing works fine.  Just when I click file when I have media selected to export it does this.  It's adding so much time to the day to wait for it I can't get things done.

Did un unstall re install, and hold shift start up.

I'm runnig fully updated Win 10 64 Bit.  64Gigs Ram, SSD's EVGA Nvidia 2060 12 core AMD Beast, and have no problems with anything else.

Please help
Mahalo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE PREMIERE PRO FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, so this is now in the correct forum or do I have to move it?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it, Thank You sorry it was in the wrong spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now it's doing this micro crashing and then responding when I am in preferences or try to do much of anything with the menu. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peru Bob,

I have done each of these.

They did not work.

When I go into preferences or click file to export it hangs, then works every time.  It takes several seconds up to almost a miute for it to come back and then I can move forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A test:

If you open Windows Explorer and right-click an image file (any .jpg should do), do you get a similar hang before the context menu opens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I get no lag on anything, just Adobe.  I'm running a 12 core beast with 64 gigs ram and SSD drives 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other Creative Cloud apps installed? Does this menu lag affect any of those?

Is it only when accessing the File menu that the lag occurs?

Is it possibly related to drive spin-up on external drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jeff I appreciate the help 🙂

I don't have any creative cloud apps.  I have the Production premium suite CS6 and the Design Suite CS5.  Everything esle works great.
This is only happening in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 fully updated.

It happens if I go into preferences fromt he edit menu as well, it hangs and then works.  Also when I hit ok on the preferences as well.

If I select the media, either with a drag box, or with edit select all it then hangs when I open the file menu to export.

No way its drive lag, I have all internal SSD drives, and no problems with any other software.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, driver roll back, and update.  Nothing running in the bg, no other isues with any other software at all.

Cleared the cache, both with shift and cntrl, and manually deleting files.
Ran it after a fresh boot
New projects old projects doesnt matter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines