• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro export too slow and taking forever exporting

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, anyone can help me i am so tired to search for solution about my export problem in premiere pro i have a short video with 7minutes long when i need to ecport this short video it takes too long i started exporting my video on exactly 11:26PM and now its already 3:12AM my export is still 40% and the stemated time is still increasing its worse its is really worse..

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Compare with this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#windows

and this:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Recommendations

I don't know what kind of GPU you have, or what kind of storage drives/how large/how full they are. These things all make a difference in performance.

For one thing, it does look like you have half the RAM needed to handle 4K media, which is what you are using to edit. Also, if your footage

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting time is a huge question mark... it depends on how powerful your computer is, what kind of original media you edited, and what you did to it (effects, etc.). If someone had a older/less powerful machine, and they're editing phone or screen recorded footage, and they put tons of crazy effects on it, for instance... yes, the export time could easily take hours (many many many hours in some cases).

For specific help with your project, you should post what kind of CPU/GPU/ram you have, what version of Pr you're using, what kind of original footage you're using, and what effects you're trying to use.

Without those specifics, here are some general pointers:

1. Check your computer specs against the Adobe Premiere Pro recommended specs and Puget Systems list is helpful too, for Windows machines. This may give you insight into why it's slow.

2. The final export can be sped up by doing certain things before/during your edit, like transcoding your media to a better codec for editing, using "render and replace", or "smart rendering". There are thousands of tutorials online for each of those.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is my computer specs

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I am using premiere pro version v22.4.0

I've edited my screen recorded video with the resolution of 3840x2160 & the final export is lower than that with 1920x1080 with a 10mbps target bitrate.

export details.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Compare with this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#windows

and this:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Rec...

I don't know what kind of GPU you have, or what kind of storage drives/how large/how full they are. These things all make a difference in performance.

For one thing, it does look like you have half the RAM needed to handle 4K media, which is what you are using to edit. Also, if your footage is a screen recording, that means it has a Variable Frame Rate (VFR) which is makes it that much harder to process on export. You should use Shutter Encoder (free download) to transcode it first to something with a Constant Frame Rate and a codec easier for your computer to handle, such as ProRes 422. (Warning: the tradeoff of using editing codecs is that the file sizes are HUGE. You'll need room on your drive to store it.)

Also, you didn't mention: what kind of effects/compositing are you putting on this footage? Depending on how heavy it is, you could really be taxing your RAM to its limit. Unless something truly wrong and unusual is happening, you can be assured that your computer is exporting as fast as it can. So if says it's going to take 17 hours, just know that that's as fast as your computer will be able to handle that job.

I'm sure there are ways you can still get a video out on your system, but you'll need to learn to "work it" and figure out what works best for you... some combination of the following:

1) Transcoding your screen recording ahead of time to a true editing codec (like ProRes)

2) Using "render and replace"

3) Using "smart rendering"

4) Bonus... learning to use proxies may help your editing experience although that doesn't have much to do with the exporting part.

Even with that, with a small amount of RAM, you should expect long render times (but not as long as you're getting now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines